Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

Personal issues that caused Doubs to miss practice can effect the team. Huber just seemed to want to label it in a way that suited his interpretation of a generic statement from the Packers.

Obviously the Packer organization wasn't going to come out and say, "Doubs missing practice was due to him having problems with his girl friend, and her wanting to leave with their two kids, to be with another guy."

I'm not saying that's what happened, but as far as the Packers are concerned, he went AWOL from practice, and it did effect the team. The reason? None of our freaking business. But Huber couldn't let that rest. He had to create the story.

Please! Do not read what I said about Romeo and his lady as being what happened. It was just an analogy, nothing more.

Personal issues that caused Doubs to miss practice can effect the team. Huber just seemed to want to label it in a way that suited his interpretation of a generic statement from the Packers.

Obviously the Packer organization wasn't going to come out and say, "Doubs missing practice was due to him having problems with his girl friend, and her wanting to leave with their two kids, to be with another guy."

I'm not saying that's what happened, but as far as the Packers are concerned, he went AWOL from practice, and it did effect the team. The reason? None of our freaking business. But Huber couldn't let that rest. He had to create the story.

Please! Do not read what I said about Romeo and his lady as being what happened. It was just an analogy, nothing more.
He’s trying to save face. He’s correct that the Packers wouldn’t have suspended him over nothing. But it would pretty easy to see that yes a personal problem was the issue and he just didn’t tell anyone what he was doing or that he was leaving.

It happens all the time with workers his age everywhere. Not that hard to believe.

Truth is Romeo had some bad Taco's on Taco Tuesday and took until Thursday to finally hit him and that's why he missed practice the real reason LOL.

He’s trying to save face. He’s correct that the Packers wouldn’t have suspended him over nothing. But it would pretty easy to see that yes a personal problem was the issue and he just didn’t tell anyone what he was doing or that he was leaving.

It happens all the time with workers his age everywhere. Not that hard to believe.
I think this is spot on.

Huber sticking to his guns on this one

maybe this adds some insight: huber got his start in "journalism" as a moderator of the old packer report message board, which wasn't near as good as this forum. when sports illustrated acquired that forum as well as other web forums for fans of sports teams, huber somehow parlayed that position into a role as a "beat writer" for sports illustrated. he not qualified to do what he does and he often engages in clickbait. he's part of the new breed of "sports journalists". i think i personally will trust what doubs actually said to the media rather than huber the hack.

maybe this adds some insight: huber got his start in "journalism" as a moderator of the old packer report message board, which wasn't near as good as this forum. when sports illustrated acquired that forum as well as other web forums for fans of sports teams, huber somehow parlayed that position into a role as a "beat writer" for sports illustrated. he not qualified to do what he does and he often engages in clickbait. he's part of the new breed of "sports journalists". i think i personally will trust what doubs actually said to the media rather than huber the hack.
I remember those days. I was one of the Mods on that site, at that time. In fact, my wife and I were at the 2003 meeting of Packer Report members. We attended the Packer Report tailgate together, and enjoyed an entire weekend of getting to know each other. It was the beginning of friendships that have endured since then, even as some from our group have passed away.

At that time, Royle Printing/Publishing was putting the paper out as Nitschke's Packer Report, how it started.

It wasn't too long after that that the family that owned Royle sold the enterprise, and it began it's descent into hell. It reached a point where I'd had enough of Huber's bull$hit buddies, and told them to stick the Mod job up their a$$es, and decided to pull the plug.

Some of you out here probably remember me, but under a different name. To be honest, I can't remember what I was using as a name at that time. Getting old does play hell with the memory. Sorry!

Ah! Now I remember one of Huber's idiot friends. Gimpy! I just took a trip over there and saw he's still out there "holding court" as the village idiot. He's talking to himself, because nobody's there to listen. There were thousands of us at one time. The two of them should write a book on how to destroy a good website in less than a year.

Anyhow, I remember the early days of Huber. A total idiot whose ability was zero then, and hasn't improved at all.

Last edited:
Back