Official Week 8 Green Bay vs LA Rams Thread

Is it safe to say now, that AR is gone, we are seeing how his offense and team is supposed to run? I'm not down on ML but he is the HC and some of the decisions and heat does fall at his feet but I'm not as high on Gutey and Co. as some might be at this point. This year is a mess for sure and there is plenty of blame to go around.
Again... you're asking the chef to make filet mignon with 80/20 ground beef. He can try to dress it up but at the end of the day it isn't filet mignon and ML didn't buy the groceries.

If anyone thinks another staff makes hay with this talent I got beachfront property for ya in Winslow AZ!

Again... you're asking the chef to make filet mignon with 80/20 ground beef. He can try to dress it up but at the end of the day it isn't filet mignon and ML didn't buy the groceries.

If anyone thinks another staff makes hay with this talent I got beachfront property for ya in Winslow AZ!
I think there's talent on the defensive side, but for whatever reason they just don't play well together, they play soft and have a lack of hustle. However, I'm not sure how to coach that out of them.

I think there's talent on the defensive side, but for whatever reason they just don't play well together, they play soft and have a lack of hustle. However, I'm not sure how to coach that out of them.
Not sure you can. That was the knock in Gary when he was drafted that he lacked hustle and a consistent motor. Turns out that’s just who he is.

Gonna go out on a limb and say the Pack over the Rams 24-16

If the Packers are going to win one this month, it's likely this week. I give them a decent chance, especially if Stafford is not going to play. 20-17 Packers win.

As far as front office and coaching moves, I hope nothing happens until after the 2025 season. Murphy is president until the summer of 2025. Anything done before then will still have his imprint on it. I want him completely gone and removed from the process. If it's not working, dump everyone after the 2025 season.

As far as this year goes, I hope they look long and hard at OL and WR coaches. Those positions are woefully under-performing. Also, the entire defensive staff needs to be let go. Hire a veteran DC and unlike the last time, let him run the scheme he wants to and let him hire his own assistant coaches. Give everyone a two year commitment.

If the Packers are going to win one this month, it's likely this week. I give them a decent chance, especially if Stafford is not going to play. 20-17 Packers win.

As far as front office and coaching moves, I hope nothing happens until after the 2025 season. Murphy is president until the summer of 2025. Anything done before then will still have his imprint on it. I want him completely gone and removed from the process. If it's not working, dump everyone after the 2025 season.

As far as this year goes, I hope they look long and hard at OL and WR coaches. Those positions are woefully under-performing. Also, the entire defensive staff needs to be let go. Hire a veteran DC and unlike the last time, let him run the scheme he wants to and let him hire his own assistant coaches. Give everyone a two year commitment.
If Ed Policy is the next president after Murphy, you should know that unlike Murphy (former player, athletic director for two college programs), Policy has zero football ops background. None. He was a lawyer specializing in stadium development deals, then worked in business operations. His GM and HC hires - assuming he keeps this structure - will be made by consultants. Like i said earlier, you can do way worse than Gute.

If Ed Policy is the next president after Murphy, you should know that unlike Murphy (former player, athletic director for two college programs), Policy has zero football ops background. None. He was a lawyer specializing in stadium development deals, then worked in business operations. His GM and HC hires - assuming he keeps this structure - will be made by consultants. Like i said earlier, you can do way worse than Gute.

There is certainly the chance it could be worse, but the other possibility to consider is that Policy, if he's next, might be smart enough to know he's in over his head when it comes to the day to day football operations and hire a strong GM to run the football end of things. Maybe he'll step aside and keep his hands away from things he doesn't understand.

If Ed Policy is the hire hopefully he goes back to how Bob Harlen ran the team. Bob ran the business end and let the GM be the GM and run the team end. Right now we are back to pre-Harlen era were the team president was sticking his nose into running the team end and it just makes a mess of things.

Back