Official 2021 Packers Training Camp Thread

So many writers covering the Packers, as well as fans, have the opinion that they will keep 3 RB’s.
JMHO, on why I believe they will keep 4 RB’s.

1. They kept 4 last year (Jones, Williams, Dillon, Ervin)
2. The 17 game schedule, plus playoffs (hopefully) will mean giving Jones/Dillon more time off to rest to be fresher for playoffs.
3. Kick off returns. I’d rather limit Amari Rodgers to punt returns and not get him busted up on kick returns. Let Hill and Taylor (Williams?) return KO’s.

Hope the team was not chippy in pads like the Giants and Panthers

So many writers covering the Packers, as well as fans, have the opinion that they will keep 3 RB’s.

2. The 17 game schedule, plus playoffs (hopefully) will mean giving Jones/Dillon more time off to rest to be fresher for playoffs.
3. Kick off returns. I’d rather limit Amari Rodgers to punt returns and not get him busted up on kick returns. Let Hill and Taylor (Williams?) return KO’s.
You have that TE/HB who got hurt last year I think he will fill one of the RB roles

Taylor has he come off PUP yet? If not it's going to be uphill battle for him to make roster.

With Stepaniak likely retired, and Bak on the PUP, it opens up an extra spot for one of the young OL to make the roster (for now).

If I had to guess at a starting OL for week 1, at the moment, I’d go LT-Jenkins, LG-Patrick, C-Myers, RG-Turner, RT-Kelly.

Backups Runyan, Braden, Newsome, Van Lanen
Danno,

I would switch Runyan to LG and Patrick to RG. Patrick played horrible on the left side when he did last year. I really do not like Turner. Too inconsistent but I know we are paying him good money. JMO.

My interest is the D-line. We did nothing again to better it and our ILBs are the same except for Campbell. In order for this D to be in the top 10 consistently, they need to stop the run.

Do I think they can do it this year? Nope. Nothing has changed as far as players. Our only hope is that our new D coordinator can get them to want to play the run.

Back