Official 2021 Packers Training Camp Thread

And I'll say it again but shame, shame SHAME on the Packers org that they hide the event away. There is no reason for them not to do a livestream on the team website. It has no impact on people showing up in person and makes little difference to the local audience. The idea that one of the supposed upper echelon franchises in all of sports pulls that bush league crap is a disgrace - other teams are promoting the hell out of these scrimmages. Hell, they could charge $1.99 for the stream - put it in their own pockets or donate to local charity - and I know I'd pay for it. Just reeks of Mark Cuban's "hogs get slaughtered" line, for Murphy and the media group to actively throttle down interest and excitement in their own team is incredible hubris. Shows they have no sense of history, how lucky they are to have the interest and fan loyalty that they do.

And I'll say it again but shame, shame SHAME on the Packers org that they hide the event away. There is no reason for them not to do a livestream on the team website. It has no impact on people showing up in person and makes little difference to the local audience. The idea that one of the supposed upper echelon franchises in all of sports pulls that bush league crap is a disgrace - other teams are promoting the hell out of these scrimmages. Hell, they could charge $1.99 for the stream - put it in their own pockets or donate to local charity - and I know I'd pay for it. Just reeks of Mark Cuban's "hogs get slaughtered" line, for Murphy and the media group to actively throttle down interest and excitement in their own team is incredible hubris. Shows they have no sense of history, how lucky they are to have the interest and fan loyalty that they do.
CLP) CLP) CLP) CLP) CLP) CLP) CLP) !!!!!!!!

Didn't put up any kind of separate Family night thread.... to me the whole event was dry as toast.
Yeah it was bad they showed little of pratice it was pretty much just Wayne Lavree and Larry McCarren talking to each other.

Totally agree on this but ……Just a guess since it’s broadcast on the GB TV Network there might be some contractual thing that prohibits a live stream.

Totally agree on this but ……Just a guess since it’s broadcast on the GB TV Network there might be some contractual thing that prohibits a live stream.
Nope, It was Murphy and Gutes doing. They started that year before last.... Murphy says streaming it gives other teams an unfair advantage or some kind of rubbish. The network folks badly wanted to live stream.

It would be nice if Murph is asked why the game was not live streamed

Nope, It was Murphy and Gutes doing. They started that year before last.... Murphy says streaming it gives other teams an unfair advantage or some kind of rubbish. The network folks badly wanted to live stream.
That's a joke what will a pratice tell them. They can send a scout to the game to see more then they see on a live stream

Back