Official 2021 Packers Training Camp Thread

From Mark’s 7/31 camp summary.

• Runyan getting some run at center with the 2s. But he did sail at least one over Love's head.

That he’s getting snaps brings intrigue to the who/what/where/when questions for the OL

Last edited:
With his medical a they could have signed him as a UDFA. Sure late picks are gambles but we still don’t need to throw them away. Draft a LB or TE, someone who might prove themselves in ST.
We have seen though lots of teams take gambles on kids who are hurt doing it as lottery ticket. 6th or 7th round I won't blame the team for taking those gambles on kids. Perhaps they did not want to risk not getting him as a UDFA.

Put me in the camp that has no problem with the Stepaniak pick... or with cross-training young O-linemen at all positions. O-line has been the least of our problems for the last umpteen years.

With Stepaniak likely retired, and Bak on the PUP, it opens up an extra spot for one of the young OL to make the roster (for now).

If I had to guess at a starting OL for week 1, at the moment, I’d go LT-Jenkins, LG-Patrick, C-Myers, RG-Turner, RT-Kelly.

Backups Runyan, Braden, Newsome, Van Lanen

Any good reports from camp that aren't pure fluff?? Always hard to get past that in camp reporting...

Back