Official 2020 Week 8 Green Bay vs San Francisco Thread

This is a much needed win get to 6-2 at the mid-season point have 10 days to hopefully get key players healthy and back in the lineup get guys cleared to return and then be ready to roll into second half of the season.

i still don't think you can blame it all on our players. the defense seems to be designed to not care about the run.
I don't blame it all on the players. But, their tackling is atrocious both in technique and desire and that I blame on them.

This is a much needed win get to 6-2 at the mid-season point have 10 days to hopefully get key players healthy and back in the lineup get guys cleared to return and then be ready to roll into second half of the season.
I hope our guys go in with your urgency.

I don't blame it all on the players. But, their tackling is atrocious both in technique and desire and that I blame on them.
Here’s the thing with our defense. You can argue that only 5 guys in the entire 2 deep would get significant snaps on the majority of NFL teams

I agree with you Pack. Our defense is not on the top of the talent list. But, what is infuriating to me, they are no where near the tops of the hustle and effort list. It's been this way for a long time. I just don't get how you draft or sign defensive players that don't appear to like to hit.

Here’s the thing with our defense. You can argue that only 5 guys in the entire 2 deep would get significant snaps on the majority of NFL teams

i think you're exaggerating, but let's assume you are correct. that would mean that our player acquisition people are completely incompetent. not just bad at their jobs, but atrocious. how can you be running the procurement of on-field personnel for one of the nfl's most successful franchises and be that horrible at your job?

not including this year's draft, in the previous five drafts we used 13 of the picks in rounds 1-3 on defensive players and only four on offense. our defense should be loaded with talent.

Last edited:
Back