Official 2020 Week 8 Green Bay vs San Francisco Thread

If you want to feel the depth of how poorly the Packers evaluate talent, ask yourself this one question. What could the Packers get today for Love, in a trade? Your answer to that question will tell you pretty much what you need to know.

A bag of Tom Brady deflated footballs?

Probably a 2. That was his value on draft day. But based on the QB pool out there who knows.

In all honesty, I think we'd be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th. Just conjecture, but I get the idea that even though he was graded as a 2nd round pick, he would have fallen.

In all honesty, I think we'd be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th. Just conjecture, but I get the idea that even though he was graded as a 2nd round pick, he would have fallen.
QB pool is bad across the board. Heck Mack Jones is a potential 1st round pick that should tell you something. QB’s are usually overdrafted.

The Green Bay Packers have elevated S Henry Black, CB Stanford Samuels and RB Dexter Williams from the practice squad to the active roster for gameday as COVID-19 replacements, and elevated G Ben Braden from the practice squad to the active roster for gameday.

Will be real interesting tonight if states and / or election is called tonight if FOX breaks into game coverage. Broadcast networks back with special reports tonight: NBC from 9 til 11pm ET, ABC and CBS from 10 til 11

Probably a 2. That was his value on draft day. But based on the QB pool out there who knows.

so giving up a first round pick plus a fourth round pick for a guy who might bring a second round pick. like tw said, that tells you all you need to know about our talent evaluation. meanwhile several of the guys we could (should) have picked in the first and second rounds are doing quite well as starters. we need to hire someone who understands value. these guys we have are just plain idiots. and they get paid well.

so giving up a first round pick plus a fourth round pick for a guy who might bring a second round pick. like tw said, that tells you all you need to know about our talent evaluation. meanwhile several of the guys we could (should) have picked in the first and second rounds are doing quite well as starters. we need to hire someone who understands value. these guys we have are just plain idiots. and they get paid well.
Not going to debate that at all. I firmly believe that Aiyuk was the target in RD1 and when SF took him the club panicked. And let’s be honest, ML had some fingerprints on the pick also

I have zero respect for the talent evaluation ability of anyone within the Packers organization. At this point I'd rather they didn't make any trades, sign any free agents, or do a darned thing, because I believe they need to find people out there in the football world that they'll listen to, and make better judgement based on their opinions, and observations......
Pointing at Smith as a singular success is not acceptable in the scheme of roster building for the future. He's only there for the short term, and will be gone.

Bingo TW. Well stated

Heyward had one good year (2016) for the Chargers but he’s been pretty pedestrian. King is more athletic so no loss there. Hyde is want he is but would he be an upgrade over Savage ? No. Amos maybe

Didn't say they were world beaters. Actually agreeing with you on talent evaluation.

Had we kept Hyde and Heyward we probably wouldn't have had to draft all the secondary guys we've been drafting which would have freed up picks to use on the Defensive Line and Linebackers or god forbid Wide Receivers and more Offensive Lineman.

Wasn't Amos a free agent? Maybe we could have used that money to go after Defensive Lineman and Linebackers.

I'm really just parroting how one bad move can cascade things downhill.

I'm with TW. I don't think the Pack's front office would make a very smart move. While everyone was thinking Fuller, I kept hoping I wouldn't hear that we brought a starting the downside of his career Watt home on some blockbuster deal.

Back