Official 2020 Week 11 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

This game will be very telling. Will show a lot about the mental fortitude of the team as well as where their desire/emotional state is at.

They still should win by double digits. Hopefully they look like they care this week...

This game will be very telling. Will show a lot about the mental fortitude of the team as well as where their desire/emotional state is at.

They still should win by double digits. Hopefully they look like they care this week...
I don’t think it’s a matter of caring or not caring, this team with a few exceptions is void of talent. And honestly with the exception of KC and Pitt I can say the same thing about 15-20 other teams in the league.

I don’t think it’s a matter of caring or not caring, this team with a few exceptions is void of talent. And honestly with the exception of KC and Pitt I can say the same thing about 15-20 other teams in the league.

Talent is huge Pack, but sometimes you can make up for talent or at least a little with enthusiasm, attitude, and effort. Right now, the Packers certainly appear to not have top level talent in many places - AND, they don't play with enthusiasm, attitude or effort.

When opponents gain as many yards after contact as they do against our D, that shows a lack of enthusiasm, attitude, and effort.

Talent is huge Pack, but sometimes you can make up for talent or at least a little with enthusiasm, attitude, and effort. Right now, the Packers certainly appear to not have top level talent in many places - AND, they don't play with enthusiasm, attitude or effort.

When opponents gain as many yards after contact as they do against our D, that shows a lack of enthusiasm, attitude, and effort.
Maybe at the college level but not so much at the professional level and even at the NCAA level it’s iffy. I don’t care how enthusiastic Minnesota is they are not beating Ohio State The after contact issue is technique and talent. , I don’t see guys avoiding a hit, I don’t see a lack of energy going to the ball hell they flew to the ball Sunday. What I do see is a slow and for the most part un-athletic defense that has Preston Smith in coverage in red zone coverage and following a WR to the end zone.

my question is: what are the expectations for a late fifth round draft pick?

the only stats i could easily find say a wr chosen in the fifth round has a 16% chance of success in the nfl.

i think he's more than living up to expectations. is he a superstar? nope. is he a decent #2 receiver? not yet.

but he's doing better than every other wide receiver taken in the fifth round or later in the 2018 draft. and way better than the wide receicer that the packers took in the fourth round in 2018.

Blake Martinez syndrome. Yes he has limitations, but he's doing what you would expect from the draft slot. He has no business being a starter, really should be a #4/gadget type player.

Maybe at the college level but not so much at the professional level and even at the NCAA level it’s iffy. I don’t care how enthusiastic Minnesota is they are not beating Ohio State The after contact issue is technique and talent. , I don’t see guys avoiding a hit, I don’t see a lack of energy going to the ball hell they flew to the ball Sunday. What I do see is a slow and for the most part un-athletic defense that has Preston Smith in coverage in red zone coverage and following a WR to the end zone.

I thought Preston actually did what he was supposed to on that play (if it's the play im thinking of), real problem is the high second round pick/TJ Watt opportunity cost of drafting Kevin King, who I think had responsibility to switch off to that guy on the play and was just late/slow.

Have to agree with Pack here Keg, in Pro ball, everyone is the best of the best. Without talent, at key positions, you'll never make hay. GB has been plagued by the wrong mix on defense for a longtime now Pack I 100% disagree with you on the scheme being a factor.... this one blows chunks regardless of talent.

I thought Preston actually did what he was supposed to on that play (if it's the play im thinking of), real problem is the high second round pick/TJ Watt opportunity cost of drafting Kevin King, who I think had responsibility to switch off to that guy on the play and was just late/slow.
I agree that’s his role but he should not have been put in that position.

Have to agree with Pack here Keg, in Pro ball, everyone is the best of the best. Without talent, at key positions, you'll never make hay. GB has been plagued by the wrong mix on defense for a longtime now Pack I 100% disagree with you on the scheme being a factor.... this one blows chunks regardless of talent.
Agree scheme is an issue, P Smith should not have that responsibility in space.

Back