Official 2016 Packers Training Camp Thread

I hope we can have minimal discussions about Lacy's weight and Jordy's Knee. It feels like it has been discussed for a year ad nauseum.

Maybe having too many packer article feeds on my phone over the last 6 to 8 months and more than half are about those 2 things.

WR depth is basically TWO top receivers with Jordy and Cobb when they are both on.
And 5 untapped potential guys. So we have depth, but it's hard to know if any of that tons of depth will turn into something good.

Will Davante continue to suck or show something like he did his Rookie year?
Will Janis finally turn his tantalizing size and speed into an awesome threat outside, or does he flame out and his ceiling ends up being Billy Shroeder.

WIll Ty give us more than the few games he started to show some potential as an inside receiver? Or will his foot keep him down and his potential unrealized like Terrence Murphy.

Will Jared make the final cut and keep showing he's a reliable target and even though he's not the biggest, or fastest, he just finds a way to get open. Or will he not be able to survive another hit, not become consistent enough to be dependable, or get lost in the shuffle of the other 6 guys.

Will Davis be the speed guy we need, or just another potential guy who doesn't produce.

There is talent at the position, but I don't know if these guys are going to be Greg Jennings/Driver/James Jones prime types or Robert Ferguson, Derrick Mayes, Terrence Murphy types.
Some took their game to another level, others injury or inconsistency prevented them from being special. Out of those 5, I'll be thrilled if 2-3 make the big jump.

Will Janis finally turn his tantalizing size and speed into an awesome threat outside, or does he flame out and his ceiling ends up being Billy Shroeder.

i would be totally satisfied with billy schroeder. he was a 3-year starter at wide receiver for the packers (1999, 2000, and 2001). during those three years, he started 48 of a possible 50 games (including playoffs), and had over 3000 yards. if we can get that out of a guy from a d2 school, that's terrific.

Last edited:
Quick hits so far today

Mike daniels is a beast. He also set the tone scrapping with Barclay 4 plays into practice.

Clark off to a good start. Recovers a fumble.

Martinez getting alot of looks. Dime backer today

Adams fumbles but overall making a few plays

Crosby still perfect

Quick hits so far today

Mike daniels is a beast. He also set the tone scrapping with Barclay 4 plays into practice.

Clark off to a good start. Recovers a fumble.

Martinez getting alot of looks. Dime backer today

Adams fumbles but overall making a few plays

Crosby still perfect
Good man, Backthepack4ever!

i would be totally satisfied with billy schroeder. he was a 3-year starter at wide receiver for the packers (1999, 2000, and 2001). during those three years, he started 48 of a possible 50 games (including playoffs), and had over 3000 yards. if we can get that out of a guy from a d2 school, that's terrific.

Took the words right out of my mouth er... fingers in this case.

Always nice FP(

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty
And here's the latest from @ByRyanWood: Montgomery has no target date for return http://pck.rs/2angnV9 via @PGpackersnews

Thumbs up to those posting updates here for us!!!!

But as for Schroeder, strange how fast memories fade as stats don't tell the story. The story how he was in MH's doghouse a lot. How he didn't pull through in big games, etc. In our first ever home playoff game, Favre was so disgusted with him that Favre paced him with a fastball in the back of the helmet 30 yds downfield.
He was a great home state story but that was about it.

Thumbs up to those posting updates here for us!!!!

But as for Schroeder, strange how fast memories fade as stats don't tell the story. The story how he was in MH's doghouse a lot. How he didn't pull through in big games, etc. In our first ever home playoff game, Favre was so disgusted with him that Favre paced him with a fastball in the back of the helmet 30 yds downfield.
He was a great home state story but that was about it.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe that was long before he became a full-time starting receiver. i believe that was in 1994. schroeder didn't really start playing as a wide receiver until 1998. he became a full-time starter and had his first 1000+ yard season in 1999. he was mostly a special teams ace before that, and then was forced into duty as a wide receiver in the playoffs in 1994.

Back