Official 2016 Packers Training Camp Thread

MM Presser per twitter today

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 53m53 minutes ago
McCarthy: No update on who will/won't practice tomorrow. #PackersCamp
WON'T KNOW UNTIL LATER TODAY AFTER PHYSICALS

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 49m49 minutes ago
McCarthy: Our veteran group could be one of the best ones we've had. #PackersCamp
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 47m47 minutes ago

McCarthy on HOF Game: Creates another challenge for your team, which I'm excited about. Excited to see how they respond.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 48m48 minutes ago
McCarthy said the installation phase won't be completed by the time the #Packers play in the Hall of Fame game.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 46m46 minutes ago
The extended training camp allows the #Packers to do more with cross training and competitive measures in the classroom and on the field.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 44m44 minutes ago
McCarthy on the investigation of Matthews and Peppers: "I have no reason to be concerned based on the conversations that I've been part of."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 43m43 minutes ago
McCarthy on Greg Jennings' retirement: Excellent football player, obviously a Super Bowl champion. Lot of great memories from his time here.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 39m39 minutes ago
McCarthy on #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: "He's in great shape. I would say this is the best shape I've seen him in."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 35m35 minutes ago
McCarthy on Rodgers-Nelson: We're all confident, Aaron & Jordy included, that they're going to get (chemistry) back. #PackersCamp
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 57m57
minutes ago
McCarthy on centers. Will it be a battle? Says Tretter is excellent and is viewed as starter. "No reason" to not consider Linsley a starter.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 54m54 minutes ago
McCarthy said team will go in pads on Thursday.

Michael Cohen @Michael_Cohen13
McCarthy said the coaches "took a hard look" at the offense after 2015. "We need to be much better offensively in the area of fundamentals."

I'll try to post highlights again. I'll paraphrase tweets.... to hard to copy and paste from my phone

Rob Daniel is out today. Sucks after a nice showing yesterday.

DAY 2:

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8m8 minutes ago
McCarthy on Day 1: Offense had 19 big plays. Lots of production. Too many penalties. Productive but not disciplined enough. #PackersCamp

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 8m8 minutes ago
McCarthy was happy with the number of big plays yesterday (19) but very sour because of the pre-snap penalties (13). Called it "outrageous."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 7m7 minutes ago
McCarthy: Drove to practice w/ Shields & Burnett yesterday. Talked about how fast it goes, importance of taking advantage of opportunity.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 7m7 minutes ago
McCarthy on Trevor Davis: "Really productive, but it's the details, the fundamentals, the little things, the discipline. Build off that."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 6m6 minutes ago
McCarthy on Datone Jones moving to OLB: "He's earned more opportunities. Needs to be productive with that."
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 6m6 minutes ago

McCarthy: Datone will build off what he did last year. He's earned the opportunity. Thought very productive in his position.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
McCarthy: QB Brett Hundley will have more opportunities with five preseason games. We want to see Brett play as much as he can. #PackersCamp

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
McCarthy: Jared Cook is everything we thought he would be. Big, strong, athletic TE that attacks the middle of the field. Priority for us.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3m3 minutes ago
McCarthy: we are conscious of how many snaps Rodgers is getting with extra week of camp. Now snaps at QB normal, but Hundley will see more.

Shields gets a pick on the 1st deep pass by AR

Rollins working outside with Randall at the slot... I won't read to much into this just testing the waters for different looks. I think we are going to be a beast secondary for years to come

Shields gets a pick on the 1st deep pass by AR

Rollins working outside with Randall at the slot... I won't read to much into this just testing the waters for different looks. I think we are going to be a beast secondary for years to come
Hopefully that's what it signifies, as opposed to poor receiving for years to come.

ESPN Staff Writer

Just about every Packers receiver had trouble with this drill, including Randall Cobb and Davante Adams. But rookie Trevor Davis made it look easy.

Hopefully that's what it signifies, as opposed to poor receiving for years to come.

There's always lots of INTs throughout camp as AR and the WRs work on reconnecting, AR tries new things, etc. We see it almost every year.

Back