Mark's Best Available Defensive Coordinators list

Joe Barry is still in the mix it seems, another guy that has an iffy history as a DC but is a great position coach, really strange pool of coaches here.
As I said before all the good DC's have been hired we are going to end up with the crap at the bottom of the barrell like we did the ST's coach couple years ago. Our D is going to suck because we did not hire a good coach and us fans will bitch about the D still.

Barry spent the past two seasons as Washington's defensive coordinator, and the unit struggled under his watch. The defense ranked 28th in yards allowed the past two seasons, finishing 17th in points allowed (23.7) in 2015 and 19th in points allowed (23.9) this season. They were also 17th in takeaways this season.

As Sessler noted, "Barry's defense failed to generate a takeaway in four of their final six games and allowed 140-plus yards on the ground in each of their final three tilts."

how does that compare with what he would have made as the packers dc, i wonder.
If you believe reports Martindale @ Baltimore is $3m+. Not sure what others make

now in perspective both coordinators @ Clemson are $2m+ but that’s an outlier

If he turns down a NFL DC from his homestate team. Outside of a NFL HC job or elite power 5 HC job I don't know if he considers any move to leave UW.

Back