Love Boat Thread

Really helpful, in real time I didn't remember him having so many guys in his face with poor pass pro and pick up. Troy Aikman gave Love so much crap for missing a wide open Adams late in the game but I didn't realize the blown stunt had Frank Clark running free right into Love's face. Frankly the announcers should do better with this sort of stuff, it would provide necessary context.

I do wonder though, have the OL and backs come to rely too much on Rodgers being perfect with his pass pro calls at the line. With Love at QB that's got to change, you can't expect a guy in his first career start to be able to operate the thing like Aaron Rodgers.
Rodgers also knew how to do roll outs give him a couple extra seconds and has talent to throw across his body to the other side of the field which most coaches scream at a QB never to do.

She’s all yours Keg.

th
Memories my son. And, I'm 60

Yeah, I've Been Impressed with Jordan Love​

I'm not certain I agree with him on the idea of bringing the receiver across behind the line of scrimmage. I'd rather make sure nobody can loop off that side to nail the QB from behind. Then there's the issue of clearance. The whole intent in the play was to create a huge opening to make it an easy pitch and catch. That was done, except Love couldn't get the ball to him. It wasn't the play design, but the throw.

On the back shoulder pass? It takes time to develop that chemistry between a QB and receiver. Understandable.

On the sideline comeback to Adams? He should have caught it? Had he used both hands going for the ball he'd have two sets of ribs on his left side. The pass was thrown behind where it should have been, and exposed Adams to the hit. It's understandable that was a tough pitch for a QB. He'll improve. At least he didn't throw it flat for an INT. Some would do that.

Sometimes people see plays differently. But, I do like how he breaks down plays. He is spot on with some of it.

I'm not certain I agree with him on the idea of bringing the receiver across behind the line of scrimmage. I'd rather make sure nobody can loop off that side to nail the QB from behind. Then there's the issue of clearance. The whole intent in the play was to create a huge opening to make it an easy pitch and catch. That was done, except Love couldn't get the ball to him. It wasn't the play design, but the throw.

On the back shoulder pass? It takes time to develop that chemistry between a QB and receiver. Understandable.

On the sideline comeback to Adams? He should have caught it? Had he used both hands going for the ball he'd have two sets of ribs on his left side. The pass was thrown behind where it should have been, and exposed Adams to the hit. It's understandable that was a tough pitch for a QB. He'll improve. At least he didn't throw it flat for an INT. Some would do that.

Sometimes people see plays differently. But, I do like how he breaks down plays. He is spot on with some of it.
All three of those passes he had guys right in his face affecting the throw.

On the first play, Dafney held his block too long and was late releasing to the flat.
The throw wasn’t great, but Dafney didn’t give him much of a target

On the first play, Dafney held his block too long and was late releasing to the flat.
The throw wasn’t great, but Dafney didn’t give him much of a target
Wasn't the throw tipped by the rusher?

The whole intent in the play was to create a huge opening to make it an easy pitch and catch. That was done, except Love couldn't get the ball to him. It wasn't the play design, but the throw.
In this case, they are mixing a bunch of spread principals with ML original offense, I would agree with him on naked boot you let that other rusher wide free....Remember TW it's a naked.

In this case, they are mixing a bunch of spread principals with ML original offense, I would agree with him on naked boot you let that other rusher wide free....Remember TW it's a naked.
What dictated keeping the guy on the far left on the left was that it started with the fake to our RB going left. It was all part of the illusion. If that guy on the end starts across the line of scrimmage, it's a collision with the RB, or he has to swing wide, and still don't get out to that flat.

It was naked, as you said, and Gaffney was the only intended receiver, and everyone else running routes in that general area were there to throw blocks after the coach to turn it into a long gainer. I thought it was a good call. Too bad the timing was a hair off. It happens, with both Gaffney and Love being somewhat inexperienced.

If Love has to start again Sunday I expect Seattle to do same thing blitz as much as they can and see if Love can handle with it.

Back