Love Boat Thread

When the Packers came to the line of scrimmage for that play, the last, and I mean last player the defense would consider getting a pass was Gaffney. The whole intent was total surprise, not a play that's scripted constantly and used constantly, with a deep sub TE who is usually nothing more than a blocker. The objective was to give Love a winning play out of the gate, and an easy one at that.

If Love has to start again Sunday I expect Seattle to do same thing blitz as much as they can and see if Love can handle with it.
I hope the Packers are planning on getting the ball out quicker. If there's one thing that will eat Love up it's giving him too much time to over think his job. He needs to learn to react, not think and react.

When the Packers came to the line of scrimmage for that play, the last, and I mean last player the defense would consider getting a pass was Gaffney. The whole intent was total surprise, not a play that's scripted constantly and used constantly, with a deep sub TE who is usually nothing more than a blocker. The objective was to give Love a winning play out of the gate, and an easy one at that.
TW we ran that same play the way he's talking here before we switched offenses I don't know how many times. It's a spread principal and they teach that guy to release and come back across, it works. Now you may teach it differently but that doesn't make him wrong.

I hope the Packers are planning on getting the ball out quicker. If there's one thing that will eat Love up it's giving him too much time to over think his job. He needs to learn to react, not think and react.
I hope they actually run the ball 40 to 50 % and lose the 4 wide. They ran at will and then just stopped?

I don't think it was intended to be a text book play Mark. I have no problem with his saying it could be done differently, but he's saying they did it wrong. I disagree.

I hope they actually run the ball 40 to 50 % and lose the 4 wide. They ran at will and then just stopped?
They were showing those mug fronts with the double A gap pressure, I don't think they wanted to run right into that. What's the solution to that? Is it tossing it to the RB and running wide zone to take advantage of that interior attempt at pressure?

Just tell Love to run Spider 2 Y bannana every play

More running plays to keep the defense honest rather than just teeing off, plus 3 step drops instead of the 5 and 7 step drops at KC

They were showing those mug fronts with the double A gap pressure, I don't think they wanted to run right into that. What's the solution to that? Is it tossing it to the RB and running wide zone to take advantage of that interior attempt at pressure?
So I run to the open B gap...depends on which way the defense is slanting so on and so forth.

Three points:
1. Love looked like a rookie making his first start. There’s a lot of things to work on, but they don’t seem like things that can’t be fixable.
2. ML absolutely did not do anything as a game planner, play caller, or adjustment maker to help his struggling QB.
3. The OL had a decidedly bad bad game in pass pro. Patrick and Newman were especially putrid.

Back