JS: Blame for underachieving season falls on Mike McCarthy, Ted Thompson

Packer fans...we're so passionate! Some feel it's lack of talent, some believe it's lack of execution by the players and some strongly feel its basically MMs fault. I believe its all three, but it does fall on MM in the end. All three perspectives have ample ammunition to back up their point.
Really good point Dubz. I do think it's all 3 and all 3 seemed to be exposed this season. Talent level, imo, is low. Drafting has not what it's needed to be. Positions lack depth and playmakers and the coaching staff hasn't played to their strengths. Execution has stunk and that's on the players but as much as everyone likes to point to the fact that they are professionals, they like to be led. These are men who have been a part of a team unit for a long time and they like to follow. Yes, we talk about on field or locker room leadership, but overall, they like to be led. That falls on a coaching staff. I don't know what the answer is but all three phases need to be evaluated and corrections, where needed, be made.

talented, maybe. but slow. i don't like having the slowest receivers in the league.

With the return of Jordy and emergence of Janis defenses we won't have the slowest WRs in the league. Cobb isn't slow but he isn't the prototypical WR like Jordy is. Randall is one of the top slot WRs in the game and should return to form in 2016. Ty ran a 4.55 so he isn't slow either.

talented, maybe. but slow. i don't like having the slowest receivers in the league.

Getting rid of James Jones and getting Jordy back changes that immediately. Getting Janis on the field more changes that immediately. Getting A TE that can run a 4.6 40 changes that immediately.

I went back and read that article by ESPN again and it evaluated Jones (4.6), Cobb (4.55), Adams (4.56) and R. Rodgers (4.87). Just replacing Richard Rodgers with a 4.6 puts the weapons in the middle of the pack. Jordy ran a 4.51 and Janis ran a 4.37. Putting those two back in with a faster TE puts the Packers top 10. The speed is there on the team now with the exception of the TE.

Getting rid of James Jones and getting Jordy back changes that immediately. Getting Janis on the field more changes that immediately. Getting A TE that can run a 4.6 40 changes that immediately.

I went back and read that article by ESPN again and it evaluated Jones (4.6), Cobb (4.55), Adams (4.56) and R. Rodgers (4.87). Just replacing Richard Rodgers with a 4.6 puts the weapons in the middle of the pack. Jordy ran a 4.51 and Janis ran a 4.37. Putting those two back in with a faster TE puts the Packers top 10. The speed is there on the team now with the exception of the TE.
Where did ESPN get those times from? Is it all from their combines?

Where did ESPN get those times from? Is it all from their combines?

Probably. I don't think any of them are running timed 40s any more. James Jones looked more like about a 5.8 40 late this year. And Richard Rodgers didn't run a 40 at the combine. He ran a 10 yard dash @ 1.22 so they multiplied it by 4. ;)

With the return of Jordy and emergence of Janis defenses we won't have the slowest WRs in the league. Cobb isn't slow but he isn't the prototypical WR like Jordy is. Randall is one of the top slot WRs in the game and should return to form in 2016. Ty ran a 4.55 so he isn't slow either.
Our WR are slow out of breaks. While straight line speed is important not the only factor

Oh for crying out loud.... How did MN stop are 3/4 wide for the North title ? The same way every bloody DC that can would vs straight line speed WR. Man up and jam your butt.

We couldn't get off that look all season. Are whole WR group has struggled against even Jordy has poor games vs Physical man corners.

2 things a really good WR coach and a OC that can scheme man beaters. 1 note no one here has covered from the season is that the NFL took away almost all the pick plays from teams this season or attempted too. GB scheme had/has a lot of picks and junk routes built into it. Since the scheme is preset before the season begins and is installed this also caused issues for the offense. tc(

Back