I'm a Believer!

The one factor that they have to admit is true about Wisconsin. Their two losses came to two of the top 5 teams. That said, who else, with two losses, or even one, outside of OSU and Michigan, can say that? To me, that's saying a lot.

Also, since the Badgers lost two in a row, they've been on a run, taking on solid teams that could beat anyone, on a given day... except Illinois....

Washington has played a cup cake schedule comparatively. As far as the Big 10, if OSU and Mich are invited, then Wisconsin deserves a third spot in the playoffs, if they beat Penn State. It's a progression, and if you figure Michigan gets a break because they lost to OSU in OT, so give the same break to Wisconsin.

But, we're just dreaming. Wisconsin will never get a break on this one.

Ask yourself honestly. Would Wisconsin be favored on a neutral site vs Clemson, Washington or OSU. Even Michigan. Doubtful. Since OSU Wisconsin beat a solid Iowa team. A dreadful Purdue team. A a dreadful Illinois team and a avery aaverage northwestern team.

Just by the eye test top teams are Alabama. OSU. Clemson. Washington Michigan Wisconsin and Penn State in that order.

I'll

Honestly I have no idea if they would be favored. Probably not but that has more to do with the fact that everyone sees Clemson and Washingon score 40 points per game. I do think Wisconsin can hang with everyone of them and beat everyone of them except for Alabama. Washington hasn't played anyone with a defense so they score a lot. The same could be argued about Clemson. The entire ACC outside of Clemson is giving up 20 points per game or more. I think if Wisconsin plays OSU the Badgers win. OSU has been less than impressive and needed help from the refs to win at Wisconsin and again at home against Michigan. UW vs. Michigan would be a 50-50 game. I see your point and that is what the committee will think as well.

Ask yourself honestly. Would Wisconsin be favored on a neutral site vs Clemson, Washington or OSU. Even Michigan. Doubtful. Since OSU Wisconsin beat a solid Iowa team. A dreadful Purdue team. A a dreadful Illinois team and a avery aaverage northwestern team.

Just by the eye test top teams are Alabama. OSU. Clemson. Washington Michigan Wisconsin and Penn State in that order.

I'll

Good question. I asked myself that exact question. Here's what I came up with. Favored doesn't matter. If being favored did matter, Penn State would have lost to Ohio State. Michigan wouldn't have beaten OSU, and Iowa (unranked). Wisconsin's losses came early. Washington's loss was at home, against unranked USC.

Now we get to Wisconsin. They lost twice. To the #2 & #3 teams in the nation. They've also ripped off six straight wins since then, and that could be seven, if they get past Penn State. Now, armed with these facts, not looking at who you want to favor, remember that the Big 10 is probably the most dominating conference in DI at this time. They can beat each other, but nobody can beat them. All except one loss between them is in-conference, and that was Pitt beating PSU early in the season.

Nope! If Wisconsin beats Penn State, they belong in the final four, like it or not. You can pull Michigan out, and Washington as well. I believe the Badgers could beat either of them for a national championship.

Before saying I'm wrong, remember I was told they wouldn't be here, in the position they are and guess what? They're making believers out of a lot of people. I'm willing to bet a win next Saturday will be enough to impress the selection committee, unless it gets political about only 1 team from a conference.

TW valid points. My take on the B1G is that it's 6 deep at best and when you play an unbalanced schedule it does not help. I think Wisconsin could beat OSU. As to Michigan no. You either need a vertical passing game or a mobile qb. We have neither. Iowa caught a break playing Michigan on that last drive. The face mask was a Phantom call and gave the kid a 32 yard kick compared to 47. Does he still mm make it who knows but if I'm Michigan I'll take those odds. Clemson is deeper that Wisconsin.

One other point. Wisconsin has not faced a pure passer this year. Browning and Watson are light years better than anyone we have faced. I'm as big of a Homer for uw as the next guy but we are still very one dementiinal

One other point. Wisconsin has not faced a pure passer this year. Browning and Watson are light years better than anyone we have faced. I'm as big of a Homer for uw as the next guy but we are still very one dementiinal

I have confidence in the front 7 to put enough pressure on anybody to get them off their game and to be solid against the run. Sure, the defense will get burned a couple of times, that's the nature of the style they play. But I wouldn't want to have to gameplan against Watt, Biegel, Edwards, Musso and co.

When I listened to the committee chairman last week it was telling. He said they spent more time discussing 2 thru 6......UW was 7th at the time.....basically saying there was not much separation there. So the next week Washington beats a ranked team on the road, Wisconsin beats an unrelated team at home. I think it's clear the committee likes the conference.

Let's let Friday and Saturday play out. I think style points will be very important

I just spent 2:53 watching that. Now I'm left with this empty feeling that I missed something?

Based on how things shook out, it looks the the Badgers chances of making the playoff are pretty much done. The committee has decided that Michigan is better, which kinda makes sense based on head to head. If Washington or Clemson stumble, Michigan will step into the #4 spot. Even if they both stumble, which is unlikely, the committee will probably keep one of them rather than taking 3 Big-10 teams. The deal is done - 'Bama, OSU, Clemson and Wash are in if they win. Michigan is the 1st alternate if one of them messes up.

Badgers likely heading to the Rose Bowl to play Colorado or USC, if they beat Penn St. Probably the Outback or the Cotton Bowl if we lose, which I guess would be OK since they are New Year's Day Bowls. The Orange Bowl is possible as well. I just hope that the Cotton and Orange don't pass on UW if they lose Saturday. Both just take at large teams. If they do we could drop as far as the Citrus Bowl, which would suck.

Back