I'm a Believer!

oakleaf

Reaction score
Wisconsin just proved that their win over LSU wasn't a fluke and they are a legitimate top ten team! Great defense. Next few weeks will prove if they're a top five with games against OSU and Michigan. Go Bucky!

Last edited:
Great win for the Badgers. They have a rough couple games coming up and an overall tough schedule but amazing wins and a heckuva season so far as well.

What bothers me about the whole thing is now that the Badgers have beaten two top 10 teams in 4 games and are 4-0, people are trying to diminish the feat by saying LSU isn't that good and MSU is overrated because Notre Dame got beat again today. The Badgers are playing great defense right now and actually have a fairly balanced offense. At the same time Michigan has beaten no one and is ranked 4th in the Nation.

The events of the last few weeks speak to why no rankings should be posted until at least 4 weeks into the season. I could see things shaking out quite differently if the first polls came out tomorrow.
Something like
1. Alabama,
2. Louisville
3. Wisconsin
4. OSU
5. Houston

Reactions: TW
What bothers me about the whole thing is now that the Badgers have beaten two top 10 teams in 4 games and are 4-0, people are trying to diminish the feat by saying LSU isn't that good and MSU is overrated because Notre Dame got beat again today. The Badgers are playing great defense right now and actually have a fairly balanced offense. At the same time Michigan has beaten no one and is ranked 4th in the Nation.

The events of the last few weeks speak to why no rankings should be posted until at least 4 weeks into the season. I could see things shaking out quite differently if the first polls came out tomorrow.
Something like
1. Alabama,
2. Louisville
3. Wisconsin
4. OSU
5. Houston

Clemson,OSU are both better than UW just by the eye test. Houston dominated a very good Oklahoma team as did not OSU on the road. While I'm very impressed with UW and did not expect 4-0 LSU and MSU were both oversold. I'm impressed but 3 is way to high

To be 100% truthful I think UW is between 7th and 15 in the country right now. Let's see where we are after Michigan, Ohio State and Iowa. Right now UW is in much better shape then anyone thought. But it's still way early.

I think the Badgers are a borderline top-10 team. Right now, I'd pretty much leave them where they were last week at #11. If they can get a little more mileage from the run game and can continue to develop their passing game with a young Hornibrook, they could could land themselves in a top-tier bowl. Neither MSU nor LSU were true top-10 teams, I don't think. I suspect neither one lands in the top 10 at year's end. Nothing against Bucky. I really like this team and I believe this season will be a good development year for what could be a pretty special season next year.

For 2017, the entire o-line comes back. They have their QB. They lose Clement but add transfer Chris James. Two of the top-3 receivers come back and they have a couple of promising freshmen. Their top TE is back and their top 2 FBs. It'll be a solid and experienced offense. Similarly on defense, the d-line comes back intact, 3 of the 4 starting LBs are back with depth behind them. The secondary does lose a couple of starters but 2 of the top 3 CBs are back and 3 of the top 4 safeties.

I haven't seen the Badgers play since the LSU game because the others have been on the BTN. I understand the redshirt QB has people excited. I hope I can see the game this weekend.

Beating Michigan State proved the Badgers are for real. They've beaten two half decent teams now.
Go Badgers

Beating Michigan State proved the Badgers are for real. They've beaten two half decent teams now.
Go Badgers

They have some decent stats that echo what you're saying. This next game will be a good one. I'm a Michigan fan and I'm not sure they are deserved of the #4 ranking. Both teams will be tested but UW is a force indeed.

Back