Cheese Curds, 1/26: Packers' free agency speculation begins

Early quick look at UFA TE options:

Potential cuts:

- Martellus Bennett is clearly talented, but most Bears fans want to run him and his 6M+ cap number outta town. Had a down year in many ways. Produced less than R Rodgers, ran his mouth and enraged a fan base with me-first -attitude. Year before had 900+ yards. No denying his talent, but does he fit GB locker room?

- Jordan Cameron is two years removed from his only good receiving season. Can he ever get back to that form? 4.53 coming out of college, definite deep threat. Graded near bottom on PFF two years in a row. Has always been a terrible blocker. Dolphins fans want him cut, or to take a big paycut.

- Jared Cook does have blazing 4.49 speed. And he can block, if you believe PFF. Buuut, he hasn't quite put it together. Led the league in drops this year. Was much better previous 2 seasons. Has a >8M cap charge and LA Rams fans REALLY want him out. Quote from a fan board:
"...it is excruciating watching him try to make a catch...or make a block..effort just seems lacking....frustrating talent..."

These guys are the ones with a possibility. No FA for TT. just Cap casualities. Jordan Cameron is intriguing, we don't have a TE who can block anyway, might as well have one who can run. Plus, he did run a variance of our offense under Philbin in Miami.

I was being facetious. Didn't you see me wink? :)

The draft is a crap shoot but so can FA be. Ted struck gold with Woodson, Pickett and Peppers but struck out with Saturday and Marquand Manuel. I wish he would dabble more in FA but if he doesn't I'm not going to disparage him either.
I didn't catch that. Thanks for letting me know. I don't need to be so sensitive. :D

Back