Bucks vs Suns NBA Finals Thread

I'm still processing this whole thing. I've watched the game again, for the third time. The defense that Holiday played was worthy of being named to the all-defensive team. He smothered Booker when he was on him, and ripped him twice for takeaways. They took away both Crowder and Ayton with defense. Forced them into taking shots that weren't in their wheelhouse. Credit to Lopez, Giannis, Tucker, Portis, and Middleton. They forced the issue on defense, inside.

Connaughton may not have hit a shot. 0-4. But, his 8 rebounds were key. He also had a couple of tap outs that gave credit to someone else for rebounds. He was trying to sky with the giants.

Bud had them on their heels, by changing up on the fly. Whenever the Suns started a run, he countered them with lineup, and assignment changes. It was - by far - the best damned job of coaching a team during a game than I've seen in a long, long time. It reminded me of a couple of games where Don Nelson "willed the team wins" by his hard changes during games.

Okay! I've said it. Bud just moved up a couple of rungs in my coaching list. I'm glad for it.

Watching Giannis. It's watching a young man who appreciates all he has, and how he got it. He's a role model for any young person who strives to be their best. We need to enjoy him being there. He is everything we could ask for in a player on a team we support. His 17-19 from the free throw line shows that he brought everything he had to the table. Normally, he would have missed at least 6 or 7 more of those shots, so we would not have had our margin of victory.

Now I'm going to sit back and enjoy it.

Bucks vs Suns the 4th lowest view ratings finals since 1997.

Bucks vs Suns the 4th lowest view ratings finals since 1997.
It don't matter. All that does matter is the Bucks won it, and none of the comments, or BS coming about injuries, etc, mean one damned thing. We won. They lost!

I'm still processing this whole thing. I've watched the game again, for the third time. The defense that Holiday played was worthy of being named to the all-defensive team. He smothered Booker when he was on him, and ripped him twice for takeaways. They took away both Crowder and Ayton with defense. Forced them into taking shots that weren't in their wheelhouse. Credit to Lopez, Giannis, Tucker, Portis, and Middleton. They forced the issue on defense, inside.

Connaughton may not have hit a shot. 0-4. But, his 8 rebounds were key. He also had a couple of tap outs that gave credit to someone else for rebounds. He was trying to sky with the giants.

Bud had them on their heels, by changing up on the fly. Whenever the Suns started a run, he countered them with lineup, and assignment changes. It was - by far - the best damned job of coaching a team during a game than I've seen in a long, long time. It reminded me of a couple of games where Don Nelson "willed the team wins" by his hard changes during games.

Okay! I've said it. Bud just moved up a couple of rungs in my coaching list. I'm glad for it.

Watching Giannis. It's watching a young man who appreciates all he has, and how he got it. He's a role model for any young person who strives to be their best. We need to enjoy him being there. He is everything we could ask for in a player on a team we support. His 17-19 from the free throw line shows that he brought everything he had to the table. Normally, he would have missed at least 6 or 7 more of those shots, so we would not have had our margin of victory.

Now I'm going to sit back and enjoy it.
as to Holiday, how he defended the step back 3 was beyond impressive, he just took it away from Booker

nice post TW, and it made me think of a few things
  • Connaughton was the unsung hero. Portis put up points but Connaughton played solid defense and was a monster on the glass
  • Ayton looked like a deer in the headlights. Number were decent but he just looked intimated by the moment
  • They had Ryan McDonough the Suns former GM on radio here and he noted that PHX trainers were blocking with a towel when they worked on Paul and he is pretty confident its a hammy problem. Guess in game 5, he held his leg walking back to the bench during a time out
  • Lopez was really solid on offense in the paint but damn he so slow on the pick and roll defense
  • Portis hit some damn hard shots

I knew you would come around hof(;)

Bud had to sell me. I don't take things for granted. He moved up, no doubt about it.

Back