Brewers 2023/24 Hot Stove thread

SMH my God how many Brewers homers thinking Counsell is a traitor and stabbed them in the back. I called BS on them saying they would pass up a extra 3 million a year. Some said yes I would it's not about money it's about working were you love. Counsell can likely still live were he is and drive to Chicago to work. I have seem homer fans say this is a bigger betrayal then Favre going to the Vikings.

SMH my God how many Brewers homers thinking Counsell is a traitor and stabbed them in the back. I called BS on them saying they would pass up an extra 3 million a year. Some said yes I would it's not about money it's about working were you love. Counsell can likely still live were he is and drive to Chicago to work. I have seem homer fans say this is a bigger betrayal then Favre going to the Vikings.
Sheesh. Counsel's contract was up. It’s not like he signed one and then walked away.

Cubs have a higher payroll and more ability to attract talent. Brewers are a selling team that would rather send a player in their way than pay them a ton. Let’s see, get more money and better ability to get money to build a roster? Yes please…

The whole Counsel thing is kind of a mess on both sides.

Counsel felt betrayed when the whole Hader trade went down last year. The front office kinda messed up on that deal and I believe it soured Counsel to the front office. That's why he went into the past season on a lame duck contract despite the Brewers offering an extension.

Now, Counsel, for his part should have manned up and told the Brewers he was unhappy and wanted to leave after the 2022 season. It would have allowed both side to move on earlier, rather than wait for his contract to officially end.

He's leaving for good reasons - more money for himself, and for a team with relatively unlimited funds who doesn't have to sell it's free agents, unlike Milwaukee who will never have the resources to keep all its best guys and sign big money free agents to fill in the gaps. He sees this as a path to a World Series.

This team man the defense is horrible. The defense is what's going to kill this team come the playoffs and prevent them from winning a title.

Brewers catcher William Contreras wins Silver Slugger award.

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reported Milwaukee is "open to moving virtually any player on its roster" after former manager Craig Counsell joined the Cubs. "The process effectively has begun, with the Brewers sending outfielder Mark Canha to the Detroit Tigers for a pitching prospect. A continued teardown, considering the Brewers' current position, would not be without logic. It might even be the proper course."

Now that Counsel is gone, I'm betting they sign a new manager who's more open to a "rebuild" of sorts. I'm betting we see the Brewers as pretty active sellers this off-season with Adames and Burns as the prime candidates to be traded away.

Now that Counsel is gone, I'm betting they sign a new manager who's more open to a "rebuild" of sorts. I'm betting we see the Brewers as pretty active sellers this off-season with Adames and Burns as the prime candidates to be traded away.
Some think Brewers promote from within if the plan to fire sale the team and either Pat Murphy or Rickie Weeks could get the job.

Back