Brewers 2023/24 Hot Stove thread

I think he wanted to stay in Midwest because of family. I am guessing its a huge dollar amount that he brought back to the Brewers to match and they turned him down.

A source told MLB.com that the Brewers had a longstanding, multiyear offer on the table that would have made Counsell the highest-paid manager in baseball, as reported Monday by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Precise terms of the offer were not known, but it would have been in the neighborhood of $5 million per season, considering that retiring Cleveland skipper Terry Francona was the previous leader with a $4.5 million salary in his final season in 2023.

Lot of Brewers fans either be in boat that they think he's a traitor or that pissed that Brewers did not pay up.

Me I am in boat that I never thought he was that good and there was a lot of homerism for him since he was from WI, played with the team, and coached them. Look at MM GB fans chewed him up for not getting it done in the playoffs but yet with Craig lot of homerism fans gave him free pass and blamed everyone but him.

Counsell is an excellent manager who struggles in the post-season with a small market team. Hard for the Crew, a small market team, to pay that kind of money, but impressed they were still willing to make him the highest paid MLB manager in history. For the kind of money Cubs paid for him, I can't blame Counsell. But he is a now a traitor, and I will gladly be flying the "L" Cubs lose flag every opportunity.

Attanasio said, “Craig has lost us and lost our community, I can’t imagine somebody wanting to be somewhere else.” He also said, "When he first told me, I said ‘are you messing with me?'"

Kept Brewers front office in the dark it appears. Unfortunately, it was about the money and the Cubs overpay.

Attanasio said, “Craig has lost us and lost our community, I can’t imagine somebody wanting to be somewhere else.” He also said, "When he first told me, I said ‘are you messing with me?'"

Kept Brewers front office in the dark it appears. Unfortunately, it was about the money and the Cubs overpay.
Kind of shitty if he did not even bring offer back to MKE to even give them chance to match

I’d never blame a guy for taking as much money as he can get..

The Cubs payroll was something like 70 million more than the Brewers this year.

I don’t blame him at all. Take it while you can..

Back