Brewers 2023/24 Hot Stove thread

I'm not a baseball guy. I thought consensus was that we wouldn't be able to sign him after last year. And, I think he only got $15M (Holy Cow - only $15M)
It's he's a FA after 2024 and then MKE can't afford to sign him. IMO Brewers should trade him. They keep him all year all they can do is offer him a qualyfing offer which gets them a pick between 1st and 2nd round if he signs elsewhere orees trade him at deadline for pennies on the dollar. The Brewers are not a smart team they are not going to contend for the WS so no point in keeping him or Adames

It's he's a FA after 2024 and then MKE can't afford to sign him. IMO Brewers should trade him. They keep him all year all they can do is offer him a qualyfing offer which gets them a pick between 1st and 2nd round if he signs elsewhere orees trade him at deadline for pennies on the dollar. The Brewers are not a smart team they are not going to contend for the WS so no point in keeping him or Adames
Based on your logic, which I agree with, I was suprised to not see him get traded last year after being signed. He's probably just been signed to set up a trade this summer.

Thanks.

Wow! A "slugger?" A guy who hits 20 to 30 dingers, but strikes out 25% of the time, and has a lifetime .242 batting average. There's a lot of guys out there like that, but you don't win with them. You just play 162 games, and win "some."

I just don't understand the hype that so many people buy into with these headlines. The guy wouldn't even be considered for over half the rosters in MLB. Now, coming off a season off due to injury? I wouldn't be penciling him in for the All Star game at this point. In fact, I don't think I'd even be counting on him to be in the starting lineup.

Brewers add a bat at 1B.

Haha, love it! This was the biggest "realistic" splash move I thought they could make this offseason. Still wasn't expecting it to happen just with it being a numbers game with other teams interested as well, but love that they got it done!

Not to mention, in true Brewer form, there wasn't much talk actually connecting them to Hoskins until the last 24 hours or so and then *boom* signed!

Totally underwhelming return for Burnes. Almost as bad as the Hader trade. Who negotiates these crappy deals for the Brewers? For that crummy deal they might as well have just kept him until the deadline and traded him then. Ugh!

Totally underwhelming return for Burnes. Almost as bad as the Hader trade. Who negotiates these crappy deals for the Brewers? For that crummy deal they might as well have just kept him until the deadline and traded him then. Ugh!
Matt Arnold who is a really crappy GM. He was assistant GM under Sterans and after Stearns quit they promoted him to GM. He was nothing but a coffee fetcher for Stearns in MKE and proves he is garbage giving away the Brewers best player for 2 lottery tickets. O's did not even give up top prospects. O's probably died laughing how the fleeced MKE in this trade.

Looks like the man guy in trade MKE got back a young SS who hit in AAA well but in very limited MLB action struggled. Hopefully he can at least become a .270-280 hitter but does not seem to be a HR hitter type.

In 34 plate appearances last year with the Orioles, Ortiz hit .212/.206/.242 while playing second base, third base and shortstop. Since Baltimore selected him in the fourth round of the 2019 draft, Ortiz has grown into a dangerous hitter, slashing .321/.378/.507 with nine home runs and 58 RBIs in 389 Triple-A plate appearances last season.

The pitcher they got back likely going to be given a chance to win job as a stater with the Brewers short handed in the starting lineup but won't be shocked if he ends up in the bullpen.

If we were planning to compete this year, which the Hoskins signing indicates, I wonder what will happen to the rotation. Peralta, Miley, Rea, Ross, Gasser/Ashby if healthy is far from what we need to compete. SP2 is an ageing guy who is unlikely to make 25+ starts, SP3 was on the AAA shuttle last year, SP4 basically hasn't pitched in a year.

Back