Brewers 2023/24 Hot Stove thread

Pat Murphy to be promoted to manager per reports. This is just the team promoting from within as they want to keep some familiarity with the teams players despite reports they will have everyone on the trade block and this likely is not going to be a good team for the next 2-3 years.

@JeffPassan
·
1m

Milwaukee Brewers right-hander Brandon Woodruff has been nontendered, sources tell ESPN. The two-time All-Star, who underwent shoulder surgery and is expected to miss the 2024 season, was scheduled to make around $11 million in arbitration. He will be a free agent.

Such a huge bummer and untimely injury. Reading up on it makes me think he probably won't ever pitch in the Bigs with any sort of success again barring some miraculous recovery.

Him taking Kershaw yard in the playoffs will forever be an all-time highlight.

The Brewers have signed right-hander Joe Ross to a MLB contract, per Robert Murray. Ross has not pitched in the majors since 2021 because of Tommy John surgery (the second of his career). He did make eight minor-league appearances with the Giants last season, however, and the Brewers seem to feel confident he'll play a bigger role heading forward. For his career, he has a 4.26 ERA (99 ERA+) and a 2.86 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 98 appearances.

Matt Arnold has agreed to terms with Wade Miley, according to Ken Rosenthal. It's a one-year pact with a mutual option. He'll take home at least $8.5 million. This one has been in the making for a minute, so it should come as no surprise. Miley spent last season with Milwaukee, starting 23 times and amassing a 137 ERA+ and a 2.08 strikeout-to-walk ratio.

He was under arbitration for 2024. Last year for him. After 2024 season he's a FA.
Didn't he arbitrate last year? I thought last year was our last year with him, so I was surprised to see him signed

Didn't he arbitrate last year? I thought last year was our last year with him, so I was surprised to see him signed
Yes I believe in MLB you can go thru arbitariton 3 times before you hit FA.

I'm not a baseball guy. I thought consensus was that we wouldn't be able to sign him after last year. And, I think he only got $15M (Holy Cow - only $15M)

Back