Brewers 2022 Season Thread

Yesterday, as the White Sox broadcasting team was signing off from announcing the game, Steve Stone shocked me by a comment. Binneti seemed to try to talk past it.

Stone said that it seemed like the White Sox players weren't playing with the intensity to win all the time. It was like an indictment of the management skills of Tony LaRussa. I'm afraid I have to agree. This has been a season that appeared to be one where they just didn't seem to care whether or not they won way too often.

I have a hunch Stone will be "admonished" for his statement, possibly fired, because Sox ownership still believes LaRussa is the guy to helm the team. I'm afraid I disagree. He had his day, as a manager, but he does not understand the players of today, and can't harness their best energy. Even his handling of the pitching staff has been horrible.

So, you Brewers fans can feel more comfortable knowing the Sox are stinking it up, and the Cubs can't beat anyone, unless they fall apart.

For obvious reasons not because he wants to avoid injury. Back injuries can cause major issues because of the turn and hip turn. Not a cop out just the way it is. Watch his swing sometime.
You don't think he changed it beause he does not want to put as much torque on his back as he used to? His old swing he used a lot of his lower back in his swing to get power it's changed

You don't think he changed it beause he does not want to put as much torque on his back as he used to? His old swing he used a lot of his lower back in his swing to get power it's changed
Actually no. End of last year he was behind on 70% of his swings like he was guessing more than anything else. Anything he hit, he was not making solid contact.

He was was not a power hitter in Miami so maybe the 1st couple years in Milwaukee were an aberration more than anything else.

Hitting coaches can dramatically change how well a guy hits. Often, tweaking the swing of a guy who hits quite a few dingers can help improve their batting average, but their power goes down the tubes. I've seen it happen way too often in baseball.

Then there's the famous; "Gotta learn to hit it to all fields," approach. Take something off the swing to spray the ball, and turn into a Punch and Judy hitter.

It's like watching guys who are notoriously good first ball hitters coached to "take a pitch or two," and end up losing 40 points on the average, and their power swing, because they're trying to hit from a defense position because they end up behind in the count.

Hitting coaches can dramatically change how well a guy hits. Often, tweaking the swing of a guy who hits quite a few dingers can help improve their batting average, but their power goes down the tubes. I've seen it happen way too often in baseball.

Then there's the famous; "Gotta learn to hit it to all fields," approach. Take something off the swing to spray the ball, and turn into a Punch and Judy hitter.

It's like watching guys who are notoriously good first ball hitters coached to "take a pitch or two," and end up losing 40 points on the average, and their power swing, because they're trying to hit from a defense position because they end up behind in the count.
Issue I have is the Brewers play the long ball they go for the HR or strike out. They have changed hitting coach several times so to me since this has been a way they have played for years it falls on the manager as that's the way he wants to play. To me that's not a succesful way to win games long term.

Manager/coaches do have a lot to do with the success in MLB.

Issue I have is the Brewers play the long ball they go for the HR or strike out. They have changed hitting coach several times so to me since this has been a way they have played for years it falls on the manager as that's the way he wants to play. To me that's not a succesful way to win games long term.
Sometimes stats are misleading. They are 7th In all of baseball for OBP and most of the K’s are from 3 of their top 4 HR guys which is not unusual. I don’t think CC is mandated to swing from the heels

Taylor Rogers allowed four runs in the 8th inning and the Brewers dropped the series finale in St. Louis.

SMH this is so looking like a failed trade. Dumped one guy and other guy can't fix is issues were he imploded earlier with SD. Hopefully in few years these prospects develop into even ok backup and a RP.

Taylor Rogers allowed four runs in the 8th inning and the Brewers dropped the series finale in St. Louis.

SMH this is so looking like a failed trade. Dumped one guy and other guy can't fix is issues were he imploded earlier with SD. Hopefully in few years these prospects develop into even ok backup and a RP.
I also find it interesting that Hader has not pitched since another horrible outing on Tuesday. He not right physically. His SD ERA 10.13. WHIP 1.88.

Last edited:
Brewers still struggling to find any hitting. Best hitter who's seen any decent type of game action is Jace Peterson who just over 200 at bats is hitting .252

Overall team ranks 22nd in baseball with a .237 team average.

Even if they find a way to make the playoffs a lack of hitting will likely lead you to 1st round exit.

Back