Brewers 2022 Season Thread

Brewers still struggling to find any hitting. Best hitter who's seen any decent type of game action is Jace Peterson who just over 200 at bats is hitting .252

Overall team ranks 22nd in baseball with a .237 team average.

Even if they find a way to make the playoffs a lack of hitting will likely lead you to 1st round exit.
And they are :
15th In runs scored
12th in OPB
11th in OPS

I’m not going to say they need to hit for average better but you can’t look at 1 data point in a vacuum, same with pitching.

And they are :
15th In runs scored
12th in OPB
11th in OPS

I’m not going to say they need to hit for average better but you can’t look at 1 data point in a vacuum, same with pitching.
Thing is its the same BS as past years they play for the HR or strike out.

Yelich is only guy who seems to try to draw walks as his power game is gone.

Thing is its the same BS as past years they play for the HR or strike out.

Yelich is only guy who seems to try to draw walks as his power game is gone.
They are actually 6th in baseball in walks so it’s not just Yelich. Yeah I would like to cut down on the K’s but power hitters strike out more than you would like.

They are actually 6th in baseball in walks so it’s not just Yelich. Yeah I would like to cut down on the K’s but power hitters strike out more than you would like.
This is still a trash team for hitting it won't go far if it even makes the playoffs you can't hit you don't win

This is still a trash team for hitting it won't go far if it even makes the playoffs you can't hit you don't win
Yep they don’t hit for average. That’s not debatable but pitching wins in October historically so if I can throw out Big Woo and Burnes and an above average pen I’ll take my chances.

Yep they don’t hit for average. That’s not debatable but pitching wins in October historically so if I can throw out Big Woo and Burnes and an above average pen I’ll take my chances.
Brewers have had pitching and never won they crap in Oct as hitting let them down.

Brewers have had pitching and never won they crap in Oct as hitting let them down.
So for a small market organization what’s the alternative? Overall hitting is average and pitching is above average now. Unless you increase payroll pick your poison

So for a small market organization what’s the alternative? Overall hitting is average and pitching is above average now. Unless you increase payroll pick your poison
I would not call the Brewers hitting average. It's well below average.

I would not call the Brewers hitting average. It's well below average.
If you just look at batting average yes, other metrics no. But if that’s all that matters fine. If they hit 270 and are 20th in runs of OBP or OPS it’s irrelevant

Back