Brewers 2022 Season Thread

Never said it was a trend but this starting pitching was supposed to be the jewel which carries the team
And it’s one start and each one Burnes and Peralta each had one bad inning. But let’s jump to conclusions

I am guessing it did play a part in it

It most especially effects starting pitchers. I haven't looked around the league, but I can't imagine that many guys have gone more than 5 innings yet because they just haven't had the time to get stretched out yet.

Compound that with hitters usually having the advantage early in the season, and you've got a recipe where the Brewers starters probably won't round into form until May.

What should be more worrying is that so far the Crew has gone 2 for 22 (.090) in RISP situations, Renfroe has only gotten on base 3 times in 16 plate appearances and Cain twice in 9, and that lefty starters are 2-0 against with 2 shutouts.

It most especially effects starting pitchers. I haven't looked around the league, but I can't imagine that many guys have gone more than 5 innings yet because they just haven't had the time to get stretched out yet.

Compound that with hitters usually having the advantage early in the season, and you've got a recipe where the Brewers starters probably won't round into form until May.

What should be more worrying is that so far the Crew has gone 2 for 22 (.090) in RISP situations, Renfroe has only gotten on base 3 times in 16 plate appearances and Cain twice in 9, and that lefty starters are 2-0 against with 2 shutouts.
Cain is garbage has been for last 2 years. I said when we signed him we would get 2 good years out of him and his last 3 years would be trash.

At this point I would only play Cain as a defensive replacement keep him on the bench rest of the time. Just like Bradley Jr ended up when team knew what everyone else did when they signed him he can't hit.

It’s 4 games in out of 162. It’s like the overreaction to the GB / NOLA game in week 1. Atlanta and LA are in the same boat. Count me in as not concerned, if it’s a trend after 25-30 games then yeah time to question some stuff.

It’s 4 games in out of 162. It’s like the overreaction to the GB / NOLA game in week 1. Atlanta and LA are in the same boat. Count me in as not concerned, if it’s a trend after 25-30 games then yeah time to question some stuff.
True it's only 4 games but we see issues that hopefully get fixed. Last year issue all year was hitting hopefully they figure way to get it fixed. Might take quarter way into season as coaches never got much to work with these guys with very short spring traning.

True it's only 4 games but we see issues that hopefully get fixed. Last year issue all year was hitting hopefully they figure way to get it fixed. Might take quarter way into season as coaches never got much to work with these guys with very short spring traning.
And that’s why they play 162. It’s a marathon not a sprint

And that’s why they play 162. It’s a marathon not a sprint
Yeah but by quarter way into the season if it's not fixed by then good chance it won't be. So by game 40 I will judge how teams season is going.

Yeah but by quarter way into the season if it's not fixed by then good chance it won't be. So by game 40 I will judge how teams season is going.
Which is my point. Even at the quarter point it’s still a grey area. Fixing it is a broad term because it’s not a simple fix. The farm system is not robust, you don’t have many tradeable assets and at game 40 your not going to blow things up either. And I’m not going to panic on a guy with 100 AB either.

Which is my point. Even at the quarter point it’s still a grey area. Fixing it is a broad term because it’s not a simple fix. The farm system is not robust, you don’t have many tradeable assets and at game 40 your not going to blow things up either. And I’m not going to panic on a guy with 100 AB either.
If quarter way thru season they either fixed issue or going to be long year

Back