Brewers 2022 Season Thread

Yelich still struggling badly. He's had a handful of good games but overall has been struggling hitting still. He nees to be dropped to the bottom of the order. Only reason he's still at top of the order is he's being paid $27 million.
His salary is not dictated by his slot in the order. I would bet a significant of cash on that. Typically dropping a guy does not get him out of a slump. Personally I bat him 2nd. They can’t play and pitch around him, more quality pitches to hit

His salary is not dictated by his slot in the order. I would bet a significant of cash on that. Typically dropping a guy does not get him out of a slump. Personally I bat him 2nd. They can’t play and pitch around him, more quality pitches to hit
Guys struggling to hit usually find themselves at bottom of order

Come on how many guys do you see hitting .230 at top of order?

You can look at this another way - how many guys making $200+mil are batting at the bottom of the order? Not criticizing what you're saying just pointing out that this Yelich situation is messy and complicated. I'm sure the team is struggling a bit with what to do right now. If Yelich didn't have that huge guaranteed contract he probably would be dropped down in the order, but a small market team like Milwaukee can't afford a guy like this filling out the bottom of the order (where he'll get even less pitches to hit).

You can look at this another way - how many guys making $200+mil are batting at the bottom of the order? Not criticizing what you're saying just pointing out that this Yelich situation is messy and complicated. I'm sure the team is struggling a bit with what to do right now. If Yelich didn't have that huge guaranteed contract he probably would be dropped down in the order, but a small market team like Milwaukee can't afford a guy like this filling out the bottom of the order (where he'll get even less pitches to hit).
The last part of your post is 100% accurate.

This is what I was saying Yelich is batting high because of what the is paid.

Move him up less pressure to drive in runs and also better pitches to hit.
He bats 3rd now I don't think there is much pressure on him he's just hitting like crap seems he is very scared to swing like he used to

He bats 3rd now I don't think there is much pressure on him he's just hitting like crap seems he is very scared to swing like he used to
If your batting 3rd that’s an RBI slot and power slot. So yeah there is more on his plate

Back