Bobby Portis opts out

I hate the term elite because it’s so subjective. Especially hoops. The NBA, you draft on potential, he came out after his freshman year.
Yeah most NBA guys they will take at least 3 years do develop because many come out 19-21 years old.

And look at the 2016 Draft. Other than Simmons who is even close to a #1 pick grade? Maybe Murray but he never showed that at Kentucky
NBA is total crap shoot lucky if you get 1-2 star players out of most drafts

So here is a intereting proposed 3 way trade I saw just a suggestion not saying it would happen but seems this could work for all sides.

-Portland gets: Wiggins (contract), Wiseman, Maxey, Kumunga, Future picks
-76ers get: Lillard
-Warriors get: Simmons

So here is a intereting proposed 3 way trade I saw just a suggestion not saying it would happen but seems this could work for all sides.

-Portland gets: Wiggins (contract), Wiseman, Maxey, Kumunga, Future picks
-76ers get: Lillard
-Warriors get: Simmons
This makes a lot of sense but I would be real hesitant to give up Kumunga. So much would depend on the future picks and if they are protected or not.

This makes a lot of sense but I would be real hesitant to give up Kumunga. So much would depend on the future picks and if they are protected or not.
I think to get Simmons GSW would need to give him up. He's a gamble he could be a star or he could be a bust. Plus the picks are likely to be all late 1st so I would not worry to much on them. Portland would be giving up proven talent for young guys with lots of upside.

I think to get Simmons GSW would need to give him up. He's a gamble he could be a star or he could be a bust. Plus the picks are likely to be all late 1st so I would not worry to much on them. Portland would be giving up proven talent for young guys with lots of upside.
He’s a more advanced Jalen Brown. He’s that good

He’s a more advanced Jalen Brown. He’s that good
Plus with what GSW would have would he get the playing time or shots he needs to improve? Portland good chance he's their building block of the future.

Plus with what GSW would have would he get the playing time or shots he needs to improve? Portland good chance he's their building block of the future.
He would easily be in the top 6-7 rotation

The issue with Simmons in the playoffs and especially on that play where he had a wide-open dunk/layup is that he's afraid on those plays that he's going to get fouled to prevent him from making the shot and then he needs to shoot free throws. He's got the yips from the line and he knows it and doesn't want the scrutiny or blame when he misses.

Contrast that to Giannis who was getting grief for his free throw shooting throughout and was still aggressive going to the rim and was willing to go to the line.

Simmons might be a nice piece for some team. One report on the radio said maybe Golden State. They have the shooters to go around a guy who needs room to work inside. He's an all-star caliber guy but not a guy you build around - IMO.

The issue with Simmons in the playoffs and especially on that play where he had a wide-open dunk/layup is that he's afraid on those plays that he's going to get fouled to prevent him from making the shot and then he needs to shoot free throws. He's got the yips from the line and he knows it and doesn't want the scrutiny or blame when he misses.

Contrast that to Giannis who was getting grief for his free throw shooting throughout and was still aggressive going to the rim and was willing to go to the line.

Simmons might be a nice piece for some team. One report on the radio said maybe Golden State. They have the shooters to go around a guy who needs room to work inside. He's an all-star caliber guy but not a guy you build around - IMO.
This is inline with my thinking. The GS fit makes sense, they space the floor so it lets him play to the rim and be more a facilitator.

Back