Bobby Portis opts out

I think he's gone if the 6ers can get a deal that's respectable.

I think he's gone if the 6ers can get a deal that's respectable.
100% he's gone question is does 76ers get what they feel is fair value to move him

Lillard might not specifically want out, but if the team shows they're more than willing to trade him, he might believe that it's time to move on.

I know, if I was a player that my team was willing to discuss being trade bait, I'd be more than happy to move on.

Lillard might not specifically want out, but if the team shows they're more than willing to trade him, he might believe that it's time to move on.

I know, if I was a player that my team was willing to discuss being trade bait, I'd be more than happy to move on.
He just signed a large extension and he’s the face of the organization. It’s his call. Plus he’s tight with Billups and was “consulted” on the hire.

He just signed a large extension and he’s the face of the organization. It’s his call. Plus he’s tight with Billups and was “consulted” on the hire.
Trade talks can be so demeaning to players when it's held outwardly. It's like they're being treated as a used car, or set of golf clubs. Especially if the player is as high profile, and talented as Lillard.

Isn't Phil Beckner working with the 76ers now? If so, he's someone who would know exactly what Lillard is like, on and off the court. They go way back. Beckner helped develop Lillard's game. He might be the whole reason they're talking getting him in Philadelphia. Beckner knows good talent when he sees it, and knows how to coach the best out of a player.

It also might be a carrot for Lillard, who may well think the tie with him and Phil is worth continuing.

Just a thought here. Sometimes it's what's under the surface that causes what plays out on top.

Trade talks can be so demeaning to players when it's held outwardly. It's like they're being treated as a used car, or set of golf clubs. Especially if the player is as high profile, and talented as Lillard.

Isn't Phil Beckner working with the 76ers now? If so, he's someone who would know exactly what Lillard is like, on and off the court. They go way back. Beckner helped develop Lillard's game. He might be the whole reason they're talking getting him in Philadelphia. Beckner knows good talent when he sees it, and knows how to coach the best out of a player.

It also might be a carrot for Lillard, who may well think the tie with him and Phil is worth continuing.

Just a thought here. Sometimes it's what's under the surface that causes what plays out on top.
Buckner is a consultant, but he also has ties to other players so not going to read to much into it. Dame has been pretty vocal about not asking for a trade and since FA is basically over not much they or for that matter any team can do now except salary match and hope you can get a 3rd team involved. I would be shocked if they are actively shopping him. If there is one plus to the NBA CBA is trades for max guys are really difficult due to matching salaries. Could he be moved sure but at this point based on the tea leaves it’s his call to ask out

Back