Badgers upset by Washington State

Apparently Chryst is kicking himself for going for it on 4th down. Yes, that was stupid when your offense has been playing like dung.

But, everybody in Wisconsin should get to kick him in the kiester for running the same damn offense every year. Opponents dare Wisconsin to throw by putting 8+ in the box and he can't figure it out. Opponents know what Wisconsin is going to do before the play is called.

And, the preparation of the team for a game? Oie Vey

He'll meander into 6 wins, a crappy bowl, and keep his job. Wisconsin is not ascending
Well you need talent to throw the ball but I digress

• The OL now under Bostad is still average at best. Logan Brown looked lost out there at times, yes that 4 Star kid Logan Brown.
  • Dike dropped 3 catchable balls, I’ve seen that movie before.
  • The LB corps is not what it was last year. Herbig is fine but the rest need reps.
  • If Shaw does not fumble the Int or if Cundiff does not put it on the turf late they win. No excuse for the overall poor play
  • Horrible ST. Coverage on 2nd half kick was bad and not even going to address the FG unit
  • Mertz forced 2-3 balls deep when there was better options underneath. For every 2 good decisions he makes 2 that are unacceptable.
Side note. The last 6 win season was under The Emperor. Worst under PC has been 8 wins. Not a defense of Saturday, just a note

Well you need talent to throw the ball but I digress

• The OL now under Bostad is still average at best. Logan Brown looked lost out there at times, yes that 4 Star kid Logan Brown.
  • Dike dropped 3 catchable balls, I’ve seen that movie before.
  • The LB corps is not what it was last year. Herbig is fine but the rest need reps.
  • If Shaw does not fumble the Int or if Cundiff does not put it on the turf late they win. No excuse for the overall poor play
  • Horrible ST. Coverage on 2nd half kick was bad and not even going to address the FG unit
  • Mertz forced 2-3 balls deep when there was better options underneath. For every 2 good decisions he makes 2 that are unacceptable.
Side note. The last 6 win season was under The Emperor. Worst under PC has been 8 wins. Not a defense of Saturday, just a note

Some good points.

But, teams with a lot less talent can pass the ball.

I accept Chryst will be with us for a long time.

I don't know him, but from what I do he seems like a good guy. He just doesn't seem to light the fire in the bellies of his players.

I get our O Line is down. A big part of the reason is we are running straight into 8-9 in the box. That's 8-9 against 5-6. The smallest differential is 6 blocking 8 - the number of defensive run stoppers are 33% greater than the run blockers. To keep running into that is ridiculous.

Mertz made some mistakes, but he also made some good plays. Unfortunately, they were frequently on 3d and long. Then we ran headfirst back into the brick wall.

The coaches must have a better game plan than run into brick wall, run into brick wall, ok here you go shiny new passing game bail us out on 3d and long

Some good points.

But, teams with a lot less talent can pass the ball.

I accept Chryst will be with us for a long time.

I don't know him, but from what I do he seems like a good guy. He just doesn't seem to light the fire in the bellies of his players.

I get our O Line is down. A big part of the reason is we are running straight into 8-9 in the box. That's 8-9 against 5-6. The smallest differential is 6 blocking 8 - the number of defensive run stoppers are 33% greater than the run blockers. To keep running into that is ridiculous.

Mertz made some mistakes, but he also made some good plays. Unfortunately, they were frequently on 3d and long. Then we ran headfirst back into the brick wall.

The coaches must have a better game plan than run into brick wall, run into brick wall, ok here you go shiny new passing game bail us out on 3d and long
And who are those teams? Have you seen the WR depth chart?

Well our OL with Conz and that group and others also played vs 8 in the box multiple times. And with success. They did adjust some and ran Bell with some success on jet action. And losing Mahlman was not optimal. And then there is this …penalties… Totals were 11 for 106 yards. But four of the flags negated gains and cost UW 31, 40, 26 and 19 yards in field position. A total of 116 yards. All four gains were inside WSU territory. Not the way you win games and the major of those flags were on the OL

Agreed all kinds of problems.

But, Mertz was playing better and made some huge throws on 3d and long. Maybe a little change up like what led to 14 pts at end of 1st half should have been continued.

Agreed all kinds of problems.

But, Mertz was playing better and made some huge throws on 3d and long. Maybe a little change up like what led to 14 pts at end of 1st half should have been continued.
What change was that ? Cudiff scored in a 2 minute drill. The other was with 6 minutes left.

They ran something similar on the last drive and Cundiff fumbled. Mertz was better but had issue with reads. They had some momentum at half but WSU ran the kick back and flipped the field.

This is a 7-5 team lacks talent due to ho hum recuriting

This is a 7-5 team lacks talent due to ho hum recuriting
The OL has some 4 star kids and they are probably the biggest issue. Tippman, Brown and Mahlman as examples.

We have rehashed the recruiting saga at length

Remember this …two holding penalties on Joe Tippmann, an illegal hands to the face on Jack Nelson, a holding on Logan Brown and a chop block on Michael Furtney. All stopped long drives.

OSU kills UW by at least 20. UW also drops games to MSU, Iowa, and MN

What change was that ? Cudiff scored in a 2 minute drill. The other was with 6 minutes left.

They ran something similar on the last drive and Cundiff fumbled. Mertz was better but had issue with reads. They had some momentum at half but WSU ran the kick back and flipped the field.
And then we stubbornly went back to the offense that wasn't working instead of continuing last 10 minute offense of first half.

I get it, you see it differently.

But, I saw the offense the coaches wanted to run getting stuffed, and the coaches not willing to or unable to try something else.

Back