Are the A's on the move?

Before the referendum vote in 2000, Bob Harlan had said the renovated stadium would generate an additional $20 million annually in local revenue. Looking back, the final year of the pre-renovated Lambeau Field which was the 2002-03 season, the local revenue figure was $60.5 million, according to Richard Ryman of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. Fast-forward 10 years and we see this compares to the 2013 season figure of $136.4 million, which was before (and therefore didn’t include) the new south endzone generated revenue.
So in other words 8 weekends a year = an additional $20m to Brown County business that are not named GB Packers . Ok got it

You think GB does not do the remodel they are bringing in anything close to what they are now? I think they would be the lowest in NFL in revenue and the remodoel is making the city of GB money. I read they get 12-13 million in revenue per game.

Harlan sold a bill of goods sorry. How much of that revenue was team related vs “local business”. It’s a shell game
GB being the smallest city in the NFL by far the games have the biggest impact in the business community. Would be interesting to see how much money was lost last year with not having fans at games.

You think GB does not do the remodel they are bringing in anything close to what they are now? I think they would be the lowest in NFL in revenue and the remodoel is making the city of GB money. I read they get 12-13 million in revenue per game.
The organization does but the local business community not much. That’s the point of “economic impact”. Almost every study I have read it’s a redistribution of spend. Sure the increase in seating brings a few more fans in but it’s not a $20m windfall

It’s 34 pages but here is one (economic impact) on Braves move to Cobb County

Though the estimates indicate a net inflow of economic activity that is captured through taxes, the net increase in revenue to the county is less than revenue collected directly from the stadium development. Approximately one-third of the development’s revenues come from existing local activity is that is crowded out, which indicates the project is not an exogenous windfall. In total, the magnitude of the impact is small and falls well short of covering the government outlay to subsidize the stadium. Thus, even a project that faces ideal circumstances to generate a positive return on investment appears not to do so.
Claims that the Cobb stadium and its associated mixed-use development would substantially increase economic activity from non-residents that would justify its public subsidies do not stand up to scrutiny.

Last edited:
Back