Are the A's on the move?

TW

Reaction score

Four major cities shown as already being in the mix for the franchise. The question is, will they move? I say, yes. This has been a long time coming. Oakland lost the Raiders due to in-fighting, and nothing has changed that would signal a deal for a stadium can be made.

At first I wanted to say Montreal would have the inside track. Then I got to thinking about it. Nashville could be an amazing location for that franchise. Attendance figures in the recent past shows Las Vegas as drawing the most for minor league ball. Nashville is 3rd. Right smack in the middle is Columbus, Ohio, at #2. Their proximity to so many major league baseball teams would cause some problems. Especially with Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland.

Las Vegas, in my opinion, is the logical choice for them. There seems to be no limit to what they will do out there to create a haven for pro sports. They're probably going to be in the hunt for this one as well.

Back to Montreal. I don't think baseball is in a big hurry to try to move back there without more community involvement. Their last venture there ended in a horrible divorce. I just don't think they like baseball well enough to go the distance.

Oakland is a joke. A gang infested heck hole that will have lost every pro-team it has had. City wants the teams but does not want to give any money to keep them.

Four major cities shown as already being in the mix for the franchise. The question is, will they move? I say, yes. This has been a long time coming. Oakland lost the Raiders due to in-fighting, and nothing has changed that would signal a deal for a stadium can be made.

At first I wanted to say Montreal would have the inside track. Then I got to thinking about it. Nashville could be an amazing location for that franchise. Attendance figures in the recent past shows Las Vegas as drawing the most for minor league ball. Nashville is 3rd. Right smack in the middle is Columbus, Ohio, at #2. Their proximity to so many major league baseball teams would cause some problems. Especially with Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland.

Las Vegas, in my opinion, is the logical choice for them. There seems to be no limit to what they will do out there to create a haven for pro sports. They're probably going to be in the hunt for this one as well.

Back to Montreal. I don't think baseball is in a big hurry to try to move back there without more community involvement. Their last venture there ended in a horrible divorce. I just don't think they like baseball well enough to go the distance.
Montreal will be getting the TB Rays once TB's lease is up in 5-6 years. At least that's my thoughts.

Montreal will be getting the TB Rays once TB's lease is up in 5-6 years. At least that's my thoughts.

That, I believe, is possible. Just not the A's. I don't know why, but I keep leaving Portland out of the equations. Just don't see it working there, but it is a market. from what it appears.

That, I believe, is possible. Just not the A's. I don't know why, but I keep leaving Portland out of the equations. Just don't see it working there, but it is a market. from what it appears.
Portland and all the BS that went on there the last year I think MLB will have zero interest in putting a team there.

Seattle holds territory rights there. Not happening

The new stadium project is probably going to move forward. My guess this is just a formality to apply pressure

The new stadium project is probably going to move forward. My guess this is just a formality to apply pressure
Both sides have been dinking around for decades to replace that crap hole. MLB should put pressure on both sides that place is the worst place in USA sports to play a game in.

Back