Are the A's on the move?

Portland they can burn it down in protest. Vegas as you say follow the money

I'm not sold that a deal gets done for a stadium in Oakland. I go back to the rub with the Raiders. I was dead set on the fact that the Raiders were headed to Vegas, and they ended up there. The reason I see the A's going there is John Fisher. He's cried poor mouth since he bought the team, and used every austerity program he can to cut the costs of operations. He's operating as if the team was near financial collapse, when he's actually one of the richest men in the game.

It's Las Vegas. He can either enjoy the profits there, or the price will skyrocket, if anyone wants to buy him out. Like Packiatl always says, and he's right, "Follow the money."
The issue with Vegas it’s a very small market and with the Raiders and Knights it’s a saturated market now. It’s one thing to sell hockey tix for 41 games now add on 81 baseball games.

For a smaller market to be successful organization you need a secondary market to support it. Charlotte has “The Triangle” so basically 2 states with some rising incomes. Nashville has Louisville close as well as Memphis. Then favor in corporate support. Also Dombrowski is running the show in Nashville and has some serious financial backing including Justin Timberlake and some county music $$.

It’s all going to come down to who can build a stadium. Tampa, unlikely, Montreal not as bad but similar issues. Nashville and Charlotte can have outdoor venues, LV needs a dome and Covid has destroyed LV economy. Portland? Not a real secondary market but don’t discount Nike being there. If I was a betting man I would say Nashville is a lock, #2 who knows

Portland they can burn it down in protest. Vegas as you say follow the money
Vegas economy is a disaster. Portland not so much and no what happened last year there is irrelevant and I’m not getting this into a political discussion

I'm not sold that a deal gets done for a stadium in Oakland. I go back to the rub with the Raiders. I was dead set on the fact that the Raiders were headed to Vegas, and they ended up there. The reason I see the A's going there is John Fisher. He's cried poor mouth since he bought the team, and used every austerity program he can to cut the costs of operations. He's operating as if the team was near financial collapse, when he's actually one of the richest men in the game.

It's Las Vegas. He can either enjoy the profits there, or the price will skyrocket, if anyone wants to buy him out. Like Packiatl always says, and he's right, "Follow the money."
Until Tampa and Oakland get resolved expansion is off the table in reality.

Vegas economy is a disaster. Portland not so much and no what happened last year there is irrelevant and I’m not getting this into a political discussion
Follow the money in Vegas economy will bounce back one tourists start coming in. Every sport wants to have a team in Vegas. Will just be matter of time before NBA is there also.

Follow the money in Vegas economy will bounce back one tourists start coming in. Every sport wants to have a team in Vegas. Will just be matter of time before NBA is there also.
It’s a saturated market with no secondary market. It’s fine for 8 football games or 41 hockey games where you have a 18,000 capacity. Now sell tix for 81 games with a capacity of 35,000 +.

It’s a saturated market with no secondary market. It’s fine for 8 football games or 41 hockey games where you have a 18,000 capacity. Now sell tix for 81 games with a capacity of 35,000 +.
Still NBA will want piece of pie. Will it be smart move who knows but Vegas is hot right now for sports. I think in 10 years NBA has team in Vegas along with MLB.

Back