Are the A's on the move?

Still all the unrest I would not want a team there. IMO more money in Vegas then Portland to be had.
There already is a stadium committee there. It’s about money don’t ever forget that.

My bet is Nashville or Montreal

Both sides have been dinking around for decades to replace that crap hole. MLB should put pressure on both sides that place is the worst place in USA sports to play a game in.
This is all political posturing

There is some big weight behind the Nashville push.

Montreal will be getting the TB Rays once TB's lease is up in 5-6 years. At least that's my thoughts.
I would not place money on that one. Personally I don’t think Tampa builds a new facility

Interesting data on this and this does matter
Candidate cities by TV market size
TV HOMESDMA RANK
Orlando1.5M18
Charlotte1.1M21
Portland1.1M22
Nashville1.0M28
Las Vegas0.7M39
New Orleans0.6M50

Thing is with expansion each market needs a new stadium and with Covid it’s not an easy sell for funding a new place. It’s at least 5 years down the road

I'm not sold that a deal gets done for a stadium in Oakland. I go back to the rub with the Raiders. I was dead set on the fact that the Raiders were headed to Vegas, and they ended up there. The reason I see the A's going there is John Fisher. He's cried poor mouth since he bought the team, and used every austerity program he can to cut the costs of operations. He's operating as if the team was near financial collapse, when he's actually one of the richest men in the game.

It's Las Vegas. He can either enjoy the profits there, or the price will skyrocket, if anyone wants to buy him out. Like Packiatl always says, and he's right, "Follow the money."

Back