2024 NFL Season Thread

Some successful teams aren't doing it that way - like those pesky bastards in San Francisco

Isn't it really just one sucessful team doing it that way. San Fran managed to go from a relatively cheap Garoppolo to a cheap Brock Purdy. It's proof that it can be done, but it hasn't completely worked for them since they still haven't won the big one.

Everyone else is doing well with a highly paid QB or a rookie deal QB (who will get paid eventually). The Chiefs, to me, are showing the way. Pay your QB and after that pay a few other difference makers. Make some moves to trade good players for picks and keep drafting in quantity to keep a young, cheap roster around your star QB.

UFL kicker Jake Bates is signing a two-year deal this week with the Detroit Lions, per his agent Marty Magid.

good he was overrated...only made 77% of his kicks. Let Det figure it out
i guess the reason detroit decided to sign him is that he made 100% of his field goal kicks in the final four games of the season, including field goals of 55, 62, and 64 yards. can he keep that up for a 17 game season?

Bak saying he wants to play two more years. He had major surgery on his knee in November and plans to be ready to play by the start of the season. Says he has talked to some teams but won't sign until he knows there are no question marks about his health.

I wish the guy the best but really how well can you expect a guy to play who's had 3 major knee surgeries in a 3 year span and rumored to be bone on bone in the knee.

I remember Ken Ruettgers going out there, back in the 90s, with bone on bone knees. He didn't do preseasons, didn't practice, just suited up and went out there to play the games. Gutsy player to say the least.

I wouldn't recommend doing that to anyone.

Back