2024 NFL Season Thread

Crazy it's been over 50 years since NOLA drafted a 1st round QB.

The NFL has penalized the Atlanta Falcons for violating the league's anti-tampering policy by docking them a fifth-round pick in the 2025 NFL Draft and imposing fines totaling $300,000. The violations involved improper contact with prospective unrestricted free agents Kirk Cousins, Darnell Mooney, and Charlie Woerner during the two-day negotiating period prior to the start of the 2024 League Year. General Manager Terry Fontenot was fined $50,000 as part of the penalties.

Trevor Lawrence to sign 5 year $275 million dollar deal with $200 million guaranteed with th Jaguars. I think this now becomes the floor for Jordan Love.
It kinda has to. Love has started only one season but that was better than any stretch Lawrence has put together.

I acknowledge Love is going to be the guy - unless he's demanding insane money, $60M+ / year.

I grudgingly accept that this is the market.

Yet, I still wonder, do we really want to hamstring our salary cap? If it's the system, could the money be better spent on other positions and have a plug and play QB? Kind of like San Francisco that regularly beats us when it counts.

This is not against Love, but questioning use of limited resources.

I think everyone is guessing.... it could be more or less depending on structure etc. Also I think it's mostly done if you read between the lines of Loves last comments at his locker. Frankly, folks need to chill about it...he's the longterm starter and thats that.
i'm not worried that the deal won't get done. i'm worried that we're going to be in the same situation we had with rodgers with the qb salary eating up so much of the cap that we can't afford to hold onto key players.

Back