2023 Badger Football Thread

Furtney and Markus Allen pulled back from the portal. This is good news. They wouldn't have talked to either of them about staying if they didn't feel they had something to offer. To me, it's good recruiting.

Every time we turn around, something good is happening. These positive signs will also help the staff in their recruiting reach over the next few weeks.

Apparently there has been rumors circulating around the team that the type of players they have playing offensive line don't fit the mold of the future. The "new" lineman will be lighter, and more mobile. Whether the rumor is true or not, only the new coaching staff can say, but I doubt very much that what they do will hurt any of the Wisconsin linemen who are good enough to get on the field.

Like any other change in management, even in the business world, everyone feels like their job is in jeopardy when there's a new boss brought in. Rumors can be so harmful because of it.

Rumor might, or might not be true, but they did just get a commit from a mammoth offensive lineman and it appears they accepted the commitment. He alone would seem to counter that rumor somewhat. Now, part of me has always been in favor of somewhat leaner, lighter OL recruits who are not already maxed out physically and yet are still dominating at the high school level. Joe Thomas would be the poster boy for this type. I watched him play basketball in HS and I doubt he was much over 250lbs when he arrived on campus, though he was listed as bigger than that by the recruiting sites at the time.

Reading Moore is ranked the #15 athlete in his class.

Brennan's a lefty. With a good right tackle, no problem. Cover that blind side.

Back