2023 Badger Football Thread

Wow very surprising that Fickell is bringing him over as TE coach instead of OC and that he agree to take a step down to follow Fickell to UW.

Wow very surprising that Fickell is bringing him over as TE coach instead of OC and that he agree to take a step down to follow Fickell to UW.
It says a lot about Gino(and how respected he is with Fick). UW got a good get with this hire. Very good offensive mind and his players respect him. Loving how this staff is coming together.

moves up a round with a year.... but still should have played the extra yr and swallowed his pride regardless.
Pride yeah but at the end of the day it’s a business decision. We don’t have to like it but that’s today’s college football.

Pride yeah but at the end of the day it’s a business decision. We don’t have to like it but that’s today’s college football.
Is it a smart business decision if he waits a year and goes from a 4/5 round pick to a 3rd?

Is it a smart business decision if he waits a year and goes from a 4/5 round pick to a 3rd?
Actually yes. He runs the risk of injury and it’s probably max a 1 round move if that.

Actually yes. He runs the risk of injury and it’s probably max a 1 round move if that.
To me I rather try to be a higher draft pick then a day 3 pick were you run risk of not making the team.

To me I rather try to be a higher draft pick then a day 3 pick were you run risk of not making the team.
well in one year he’s not getting an bigger which right now is his biggest downside and with a good combine / pro day he’s got a shot at round 3.

Apparently there has been rumors circulating around the team that the type of players they have playing offensive line don't fit the mold of the future. The "new" lineman will be lighter, and more mobile. Whether the rumor is true or not, only the new coaching staff can say, but I doubt very much that what they do will hurt any of the Wisconsin linemen who are good enough to get on the field.

Like any other change in management, even in the business world, everyone feels like their job is in jeopardy when there's a new boss brought in. Rumors can be so harmful because of it.

Back