2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

Maybe it was an executive level decision, and Griffin didn't want him? Had someone else in mind? But, the fact that he was the Portland HC for 9 years, and Dame played under him, that might be a clue. Maybe they thought they were doing something good, based on Dame's stats, but when they signed him he said; "Hell No! I don't like the guy! Never will! His coaching style sucks! I just don't want to play for him!"

Or, maybe Terry just plain decided after two years away from game, he didn't like it when he came back. It just didn't feel the same.

I found it odd, too. Mostly because right after the trade happened, all the talking heads immediately brought up the fact that Lillard and Stotts were together for so long before and bh).

I can see were Griffin should have perhaps talked to Stotts in private told him it's his way or he can move on. Can't have Stotts trying to run the ship.

I'm already appreciating Lillard's state of mind. He's mature and he's about the team......not trying to start any shit. No matter how he may feel personally.

Stotts was always known as a "player's coach." I guess Griffin is more of an authoritarian type. Bud was a player's coach too. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I wonder if the whole "Giannis is the defacto coach" bit played into it. As to how, or why, I don't know.

What I do know is that this isn't going to make this first year easier for the team, Griffin, and Dame himself, especially if he has a huge respect for Stotts.

It is what it is. We're going to find out.

Wow, read this. Could this be immaturity on the part of our new head coach? Or is this article full of it? I can actually see it both ways.

Sorry HH Griffin is the HC he can't let his assistants walk all over him and ignore what he says. Griffin needs to assert himself or all his coaches will walk all over him. Would the average person be able to ignore their boss when they called for a meeting? To me this is on Stotts and no one else. He should have did what his boss told him to do. He could have went over and talked to the players after the meeting with the coaches.

Sorry HH Griffin is the HC he can't let his assistants walk all over him and ignore what he says. Griffin needs to assert himself or all his coaches will walk all over him. Would the average person be able to ignore their boss when they called for a meeting? To me this is on Stotts and no one else. He should have did what his boss told him to do. He could have went over and talked to the players after the meeting with the coaches.
I totally agree with you, yet, I believe Griffin should have recognized there had to be a reason Stotts wanted to talk to them for a moment, for some reason. There's a huge difference between being a solid head coach and being a control freak who runs the team like a dictator, where no matter what he says, everyone jumps. It's possible - without realizing it - Griffin reacted because he felt Stotts was more in touch with his players than he was. If that's the case, Griffin's time as HC may be short lived.

Since I was never really fully vested in him becoming the HC, I'm thinking maybe he wasn't the right man for the job in the first place. Maybe, just maybe, the front office felt they needed who was a little more forceful in their leadership, and Griffen acted out to prove he was. It could backfire very quickly, if that's the case.

Back