Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is what does GB see as right offer do they say he's a MVP here is what we want if we would trade him give it to us or no deal.
They should see it as a 38 year old QB, who was an MVP and one who has a significant amount of money owed to him. Evaluate it from there. I’m not sure there is a “right” offer.

Thing is what does GB see as right offer do they say he's a MVP here is what we want if we would trade him give it to us or no deal.
And one more important point. The worst thing they can do if play hardball and leave a reasonable offer on the table.

There are ZERO teams in the league that don't treat business as business. There's no player-friendly haven to go to. Or there could be, but ONLY if you're willing to take less money than you're worth.

As far as contracts go, GB has been VERY good to it's 2nd contract guys. For a LONG time. They have consistently given stars, and even role guys good deals early and even at deadline. Jones got taken care of. Clark got his. Bak isn't mistreated by any measure. Adams got a great 2nd contract. Lowry and King should be plenty grateful. AR has gotten top of the league deals early up to now, guaranteeing him against injury.

The biggest reason any great Packer player approaching their 2nd contract negotiations would have doubts is because AR and Adams currently cost 54 MILLION against the cap combined, and are playing social media games, and the team can't know whether they can afford to extend you nor what the future looks like.

AR could've done for the Packers what Brady first did for NE and then TB. He could've done it for years now, bettering our SB chances significantly along the way. He hasn't. Instead he has taken max money deals with huge guarantees.

I actually don't hold that against Rodgers - getting paid what he's worth is very fair. Brady has cost himself a lot of millions doing what he has done, and that can't be expected of anyone. Brady got some SBs outta it and got in Tampa the room, situation and influence to get them to sign key guys to join him on the latest run. .

What I do loathe is AR expecting and demanding more influence, security, respect, whatever his real beef is - on top of his massive contracts. Without giving ANYTHING in return, except for the QB services he's already paid for.

Tom costs 10.5M against the cap this season. AR costs 37.2M

Compared with Brady, how the hell could the winning formula be having AR cost 26.7M more against the cap AND giving into whatever demands he has?!

Just like Jordan and Pippen but without the rings. Delusions of grandeur.
i really dislike when people make this sort of comparison. in basketball, two guys make up 40% of the team and can have a much larger impact on the team's success than two guys out of 22. rodgers made up for a lot of shortcomings on this packers team, but you cannot expect him to have the same impact as jordan did for the bulls. he can't make up for 15 subpar players.

it's worse than comparing apples and oranges imho.

Last edited:
There are ZERO teams in the league that don't treat business as business. There's no player-friendly haven to go to. Or there could be, but ONLY if you're willing to take less money than you're worth.

As far as contracts go, GB has been VERY good to it's 2nd contract guys. For a LONG time. They have consistently given stars, and even role guys good deals early and even at deadline. Jones got taken care of. Clark got his. Bak isn't mistreated by any measure. Adams got a great 2nd contract. Lowry and King should be plenty grateful. AR has gotten top of the league deals early up to now, guaranteeing him against injury.

The biggest reason any great Packer player approaching their 2nd contract negotiations would have doubts is because AR and Adams currently cost 54 MILLION against the cap combined, and are playing social media games, and the team can't know whether they can afford to extend you nor what the future looks like.

AR could've done for the Packers what Brady first did for NE and then TB. He could've done it for years now, bettering our SB chances significantly along the way. He hasn't. Instead he has taken max money deals with huge guarantees.

I actually don't hold that against Rodgers - getting paid what he's worth is very fair. Brady has cost himself a lot of millions doing what he has done, and that can't be expected of anyone. Brady got some SBs outta it and got in Tampa the room, situation and influence to get them to sign key guys to join him on the latest run. .

What I do loathe is AR expecting and demanding more influence, security, respect, whatever his real beef is - on top of his massive contracts. Without giving ANYTHING in return, except for the QB services he's already paid for.

Compared with Brady, how the hell could the winning formula be having AR cost 26.7M more against the cap AND giving into whatever demands he has?!
One thing I would disagree on is that his last contract was not a home town discount but it was probably below true market value. He had no real leverage. And the comparison between Brady’s current deal and Rodgers is not apples to apples. Brady’s cash out in 2021 is actually more than Rodgers by $2m. It’s how his deal is structured because he came to Tampa as an FA. Their compensation in 2021 is actually comparable. He signed a 2 year deal with 3 voidable years to make the cap work. It’s an honest debate if that’s a good business decision. Only way it is if they repeat this year

Last edited:

This is well said and all true I believe. The challenge is for fans and the FO to see it through to its obvious conclusion. We suffer because we see the world as we wish it to be, not as it is. I WANT Aaron to see the light, to come around, to be reasonable. There's little logical reasons for why he's doing this. At some point though I, and everyone else, need to accept that he isn't going to change. What then? When is the headache too much to deal with?

This is well said and all true I believe. The challenge is for fans and the FO to see it through to its obvious conclusion. We suffer because we see the world as we wish it to be, not as it is. I WANT Aaron to see the light, to come around, to be reasonable. There's little logical reasons for why he's doing this. At some point though I, and everyone else, need to accept that he isn't going to change. What then? When is the headache too much to deal with?
I have come to accept there is little logic to professional sports to begin with. When billionaires are management and millionaires are employees / commodities it’s difficult for people to see that their differences don’t line up with the norm.

Thing is the outcome I don't think anyone will be truly pleased because neither side I think will get 100% of what htey want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back