Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but it's gotten to were the common folk are just a pawn in the business.
Actually it was much worse in the old days. A team could own you like a commodity and players had no choices or control over thier careers. Hence why FA came to be in the first place.

Whatever Arod is doing makes sense to him so it doesn't have to make sense to us.

GB knows full well that no matter what happens fans will pack Lambeau and buy merchandise. So they have little reason to listen to what fans want. Arod has little reason to care as well he's set for life...

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Plus if you only have one team making a offer makes it harder to get value.
The organization has to make a decision what’s more important. Living with a distraction for 8-12 months or move on and turn the page. And yes if the latter means taking a bit less that’s fine. It’s Murphy’s job to “read the room”. Is the locker room fractured? Can the staff and Rodgers co-exist? (Yes that’s an issue IMO). As has been mentioned do cut bait on a guy who is not a culture fit? And balanced the financial consequences. It’s not as simple as saying let’s wait.

I think Rodgers might be overplaying his hand here, yes he can play the whole retire and not file game but GB could realistically sit him for two seasons and Aaron is kind of screwed. A lot of perception here is that it hurts them but I don't think so.... it sends a clear message we don't negotiate when you try to hold us hostage.

I think he sits out camp and grows restless about a month in and reports. He'll be rusty the first month after that. Packers finish 9-7 and trade him. Get a 2nd and a 4th in return, better than Favre but no blockbuster deal.

I can hardly wait for the preseason to begin, so we can concentrate on football. One of the things I always enjoy about the game is that the landscape of a team changes every year. This coming year is no different.

Disagree. Anytime you negotiate anything you have to make sure you understand when to compromise and when to walk away. It’s extremely difficult. I always made sure I had a checklist with things that are deal breakers, things that i would compromise on and things I did not give a rats ass about. It ultimately came down to what you compromise on. 95% of time you can find common ground
I still say he plays or sits out GB won't move him 2021

I can hardly wait for the preseason to begin, so we can concentrate on football. One of the things I always enjoy about the game is that the landscape of a team changes every year. This coming year is no different.
Just wait first time Loves struggles on Love sucks we should give everything to Rodgers.

I think Rodgers might be overplaying his hand here, yes he can play the whole retire and not file game but GB could realistically sit him for two seasons and Aaron is kind of screwed. A lot of perception here is that it hurts them but I don't think so.... it sends a clear message we don't negotiate when you try to hold us hostage.

I think he sits out camp and grows restless about a month in and reports. He'll be rusty the first month after that. Packers finish 9-7 and trade him. Get a 2nd and a 4th in return, better than Favre but no blockbuster deal.
2nd and 4th I rather let him sit out all year that's a bad offer for a guy coming off a mVP. I won't pick up the phone for less then a 1st.

2nd and 4th I rather let him sit out all year that's a bad offer for a guy coming off a mVP. I won't pick up the phone for less then a 1st.
Then you might as well not have phone service because that’s a distinct possibility. He 38 and owned a significant amount of money the next 2 years and any organization has to take that into consideration. As I mentioned earlier. You have to make the decision if you want to live with the distraction or get assets. To me it’s an easy answer with that offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back