Rodgers - MVP

The guy who should get it but won't because his team is having a losing season is David Johnson.

In reality the MVP has come down to Ryan, Brady, and Rodgers. Whoever has the biggest game on Sunday might end up tipping the award into their favor.

The guy who should get it but won't because his team is having a losing season is David Johnson.

In reality the MVP has come down to Ryan, Brady, and Rodgers. Whoever has the biggest game on Sunday might end up tipping the award into their favor.

That's a fair point. But I still think Arod will should get it at this point.

rodgers had two of his best games during the four-game losing streak. that's how bad our defense is. the fact that he has been able to carry the team to within one game of winning the division is impressive in my book.

I think that might be what puts him over.. Unless Arod is playing at god level this team cannot win. MM can't coach to cover, DEF can't step up, offense can't step up consistently.. It's all on Arod.. I think that's a pretty strong MVP argument.

I think that might be what puts him over.. Unless Arod is playing at god level this team cannot win. MM can't coach to cover, DEF can't step up, offense can't step up consistently.. It's all on Arod.. I think that's a pretty strong MVP argument.

This is the part of the discussion I don't get. And I know I'm in the minority.
When this team was headed to 6-10 there was no hope and McCarthy was on the hot seat Now this team is on a roll it's because of Rodgers. Is it possible McCarthy reeled him in a bit and he's taking what is there. Who knows. But it's more than Rodgers. Nelson is more like the old nelson. More fluid on breaks. Adams is more consistent yeah he's dropped a few but it happens. Montgomery as a rb has worked. Even though McCarthy got chastised for it earlier. Talent will win in this league 85%of the time. This team did not quit.

not to be contrary, but just how "valuable" is his contribution if the team is not winning? i am definitely on the side of this argument that says the team needs to be winning enough games to make the playoffs due to that player's efforts in order for the player to be considered for mvp. imho.

When this team was headed to 6-10 there was no hope and McCarthy was on the hot seat Now this team is on a roll it's because of Rodgers. Is it possible McCarthy reeled him in a bit and he's taking what is there. Who knows. But it's more than Rodgers. Nelson is more like the old nelson. More fluid on breaks. Adams is more consistent yeah he's dropped a few but it happens. Montgomery as a rb has worked. Even though McCarthy got chastised for it earlier. Talent will win in this league 85%of the time. This team did not quit.

But Pack this is just falling down the old rabbit hole here. Why should Brady ever get an MVP when BB is the best coach of this generation and a dynamo judge of talent? Why did Cam deserve it last year for throwing bombs off play action while his front sat in max protect, and a stud D took care of business on the other side of the ball? Why did AR deserve it in 2011 when he had legit 6 receiving threats all over the field? Football is a team game. When it comes to W/L it never is and never was just about one player. In that sense why give individual awards at all? But if you're going to, look at the players who have risen above or really elevated their game. Yes Jordy came around. Yes MM kept the room together and got creative with Montgomery. But AR has been better than all of them, which is why he's in the convo at all. If Brady hadn't missed 4 games he'd have it locked up. Who else really stands out? Elliot and Ryan, sure. But look at the last RB to win - it was AP almost breaking the single season record. Elliot hasn't been at that level. I don't watch enough Falcons to know how great Ryan has been.

Brady gets the MVP because he was consistent in leading his team to victory each week since returning... There are at least 3 "what's wrong with Rodgers" threads in this very forum ladies and gentleman.

The league MVP IS the "most valuable player" over the entire 17 game season not the last 5 weeks after pulling his head out his backside because he had the yips etc.

Go read this thread : http://wisconsinsportstalk.net/threads/official-what-is-wrong-with-aaron-rodgers-thread.6933/

and this one : http://wisconsinsportstalk.net/threads/post-game-colts-beat-gb-31-26.7284/

last but not least this one : http://wisconsinsportstalk.net/threads/post-game-thread-tennessee-takes-gb-to-the-woodshed.7405/

Then ya'll come back and tell me why Rodgers should be MVP and MM/TT get any less the heat after beating the likes of Chicago and MN who are both beat up and 1 who quit AKA were defying their coaching staff.

This team may have gotten healthy and hot... but the issues of the middle of the season didn't just fly away.

Brady didn't play a 17 game season and won't. His team looked just as strong without him as with him. MVP has never been given to someone who missed that many games. I agree he'll probably get it but it's not a slam dunk. If he played all year then yes it would be.

that's exacly my point. When Arod isn't taking the team on his shoulders then MM can't handle it. After this year Both TT and MM should still be on the hot seat because they both got exposed.

Back