Rodgers - MVP

AR didn't play that poorly at any point this year. His worst game was in a win vs. the Giants. He was not great by any means but you do not get to 32 TDs and lead the league by playing poorly. People are talking about giving the MVP to Dak Prescott and at the same time the Cowboys are talking about benching him. If Brady or Bell played the entire season and were not suspended I'd say they were locks to be MVP picks. But they both missed games to suspension. It doesn't take Green and Gold glasses to see Rodgers is playing great football. I've heard his name mentioned nationally in MVP talk. So yes if Rodgers continues to play at the level he has the last few games, he should be in the conversation.

I guess my 'on the other hand' comment would be what's not in the stats (OK, incomplete passes, but you know what I mean :)). If AR hadn't been missing the few open receivers he had so badly, the Pack might well have overcome some of the losses due to bad defense and thus be in a more favorable position than 'win out and we're most likely in the playoffs'. Aaron certainly had established a crazy high bar as his standard, but many of the incompletions earlier were really headscratchers, and I'd say that run of looking very ordinary should/would hurt his MVP chances.

Rodgers is not in my top 5 right now for MVP

1. Elliot
2. Brady
3. Carr
4. Stafford
5. Bell
6. Ryan
7. Rodgers

Rodgers is held to a higher standard bc he played at god like levels for so long. He did not play to those levels for the 2nd half of last year and early this season. Sure he was poor by his standards and average among the other qbs early but he is separating himself again and that should be noticed. As of today, no I wouldn't give him the reward but if we win out and he plays like he did last week with a passer rating around 150, you dang right hes in the mix. 6 in a row and saving a season EVERYONE thought was lost. again this is an if

This isn't green and gold glasses. The guy is the most valuable if we keep this roll going. IF we throttle these last 3 div rivals, I think we become the team nobody wants to dance with in the playoffs. I don't care about Sept stats, winning when your back is against the wall is huge and he kept this group in the mix

I'd give it to the DAL oline personally.. But Dak may have an upper hand. DAL never serioulsy talked about benching him. That was media hype.

MVP isn't just about stats. It's about the players importance to the team as a whole.

You can definitely make a case for Arod..
You can make the case for Brady, suspension or not, because they're still one of the best despite losing a lot of guys to injury (like GB)
You can make the case for Derrick Carr. No his stats aren't huge, but like I said this is about more than stats. And OAK isn't 10-3 without him.
I would throw Elliot in there too. But the NFL is so ridiculously QB biased I don't think he has a shot.

Rodgers is not in my top 5 right now for MVP

1. Elliot
2. Brady
3. Carr
4. Stafford
5. Bell
6. Ryan
7. Rodgers

I think Ryan has had the best and most consistant season this year and is a serious contender for MVP. Would Brady not get it because he was suspended and the Pats still won those first 4 weeks?

he won't be considered because they didn't make the switch till mid season. But with the way Monty is playing, and what it's meant for the offense when he did switch to RB full time, you could make the argument that Monty is the team MVP and has been more of the spark than Arod. Arod wasn't doing that great until Monty turned it on.

he won't be considered because they didn't make the switch till mid season. But with the way Monty is playing, and what it's meant for the offense when he did switch to RB full time, you could make the argument that Monty is the team MVP and has been more of the spark than Arod. Arod wasn't doing that great until Monty turned it on.

not so sure about that, cd. sure, it has helped to have some semblance of a running game instead of no running game at all, but take the game against the vikings for example. the packers had a total of 40 yards rushing on 15 plays, and 13 of those yards came from rodgers (along with the packers' only rushing td). monty averaged 2.6 yards per carry, and michael averaged 1.0 yards per carry.

AR didn't play that poorly at any point this year. His worst game was in a win vs. the Giants. He was not great by any means but you do not get to 32 TDs and lead the league by playing poorly.

rodgers had two of his best games during the four-game losing streak. that's how bad our defense is. the fact that he has been able to carry the team to within one game of winning the division is impressive in my book.

Back