RB Jones back to Pack?

Maybe I got this wrong, probably but here’s my theory.

The organization has already decided to move this offense to a “run centric” offense with a 2 headed tandem of Dillion and Jones. Next move is to cut bait on 12 after 2021 (more likely 2022) and hand it over to Love. Gives them a QB on cheap rook money, and frees up cap and cash. They drafted TE, have Big Bob at TE and have also not invested in WR.

Maybe I’m reading to much into this but ....

I hope you're reading too much into it. shots) Scares the bejeebers out of me that they could go full gallop so quickly, with a QB that nobody knows if he can even tie his shoes properly in the NFL. But, it is an interesting possibility. We just don't know what the answer is.

Maybe I got this wrong, probably but here’s my theory.

The organization has already decided to move this offense to a “run centric” offense with a 2 headed tandem of Dillion and Jones. Next move is to cut bait on 12 after 2021 (more likely 2022) and hand it over to Love. Gives them a QB on cheap rook money, and frees up cap and cash. They drafted TE, have Big Bob at TE and have also not invested in WR.

Maybe I’m reading to much into this but ....
I hope not becuae you are hoping a offense that will be lucky to be average without #12 and a subpar defense. Right now the Packers should be building up for the future not another run to the SB that won't happen.

2024 I think a lot of these players will be cut and gone will be a full rebuild. Might have to wait until 2025 or so to get read of dead cap on some guys until you get cap space to spend.

I hope you're reading too much into it. shots) Scares the bejeebers out of me that they could go full gallop so quickly, with a QB that nobody knows if he can even tie his shoes properly in the NFL. But, it is an interesting possibility. We just don't know what the answer is.
League trend is to throw the QB into the fire and leverage the low cap hit. Not a fan of Love or the pick or any of that but I actually might have more of an issue stashing a QB with cost control for 2-3 years on the bench. In theory opens cap space to fill holes......again probably wrong but something stinks about this and last years draft

I hope not becuae you are hoping a offense that will be lucky to be average without #12 and a subpar defense. Right now the Packers should be building up for the future not another run to the SB that won't happen.
Well 12 is not the future. And like it or not 10 is at least in the eyes of the organization.

Well 12 is not the future. And like it or not 10 is at least in the eyes of the organization.

It's fun and popular to hate on Love but I kinda want to just see him in a few pre-season games before piling on too much. I'm crazy like that.

Reactions: TW
It's fun and popular to hate on Love but I kinda want to just see him in a few pre-season games before piling on too much. I'm crazy like that.
I probably fall in that area too, he not Rodgers but I remember the 1st 2 years in GB were not smooth

My worry Love might have even got worse as he got few snaps in practice and just ran the scout team. With no off-season also he could have got very rusty and this pre-season could look like a mess for him.

My worry Love might have even got worse as he got few snaps in practice and just ran the scout team. With no off-season also he could have got very rusty and this pre-season could look like a mess for him.
lets not forget this is a business. Plain and simple I dont think they waste the financial flexibility

I probably fall in that area too, he not Rodgers but I remember the 1st 2 years in GB were not smooth

I distinctly remember the puff pieces about Rodgers and how they didn't match the eyeball test for first two seasons. I even remember Andrew Brandt years later saying that everyone knew in Rodgers first camp how special he'd be, and thinking he's full of it. No one knew. Rodgers even got the preferential treatment for a few years, when Craig Nall was cut even though he'd outplayed Rodgers in camp, similar to this year with Boyle walking.

And before anyone loses their minds, first please ponder the ways that comparing two things is not the same as equating two things.

Back