Post-Game Thread: The Packers beat Carolina 33-30

Campbell could cover a TE in 2021, but not since then. Before him last i can remember is Brandon Chillar. Heck, we don’t even have a S who can cover a TE, let alone a LB.
correct which is why the man cover stuff is out the window..... they might as well play Cover 2 and at least try the bend but not break method.

correct which is why the man cover stuff is out the window..... they might as well play Cover 2 and at least try the bend but not break method.
Lovie Smith for DC if you want a cover 2 scheme?

Lovie Smith for DC if you want a cover 2 scheme?
no, I don't and I would most likely stop following the Packers if they hired that turd. I am saying right now today you can only play cover 2 based on where we are. I prefer a 43 front with cover 1 or man over all day...we don't have the guys to pull it off right now though.

DVR this game..... rewatched it over coffee while the house was quiet this morning. Some notes on the defense:

1. Our defensive backs are awful, the safeties are overmatched almost on every down. The corners played man straight up as many here crowed about the week before and got whipped. Forget that idea, have to go back to zone or man over combos.
2. The ILB can't cover....anything.
3. Pass rush isn't finishing
4. The scheme was better but the results were not.
5. We tackle like middle school kids

My take is still to fire the coordinator, but I think at least 2 position coaches are also an issue here. We need 2 safeties, at least 1 corner, and 1 ILB. However, a new DC may need more in the front 7 or less. But the first 3, S and CB are 100% a major need.
Great analysis and spot on.

Back