Post-Game Thread: The Packers beat Carolina 33-30

Ok so if ref did not double check the refs could have awarded both opening and 2nd half kickoff to Carolina

When referee Alex Kemp asked for his choice, Alexander said the Packers wanted to be on defense, which technically speaking is not the same as choosing to defer. Had Kemp not clarified, it could have cost the Packers a possession, and the Panthers would have received to start both halves.

By rule, the winner of the coin toss can choose to receive, kick off or defer the choice to the second half. With Alexander saying they wanted to be on defense, it could have been interpreted as choosing to kickoff.

It's possible the only reason Kemp double checked and asked Alexander if he meant defer was because coach Matt LaFleur makes it a point in the pregame meeting with officials to inform them of their choice should they win the toss.

I don't give a rip what scheme we play...those safeties will blow in it. And Nixon might be a solid return man but he couldn't cover his own shadow. We have to draft 2 safties no two ways about it
This is why people shouldn’t expect the def to all of a sudden turn around next year.. just too many holes and so many draft picks. Can’t do it in one year…

This is why people shouldn’t expect the def to all of a sudden turn around next year.. just too many holes and so many draft picks. Can’t do it in one year…
I think depends on what you scheme. Seems lot of time this year players had no idea were they needed to be on the field. While it won't fix all the issues will fix some.

I think depends on what you scheme. Seems lot of time this year players had no idea were they needed to be on the field. While it won't fix all the issues will fix some.
no, it won't....it takes both. The scheme is only as good as the players in it. There is not nor has there ever been a magical offensive or defensive scheme.

I just want a new D Coordinator, see improvement next year, adjust to different teams offenses, and see the defense become more aggressive.

We don't have to be top 10.

Besides DC I think we need to look at ST. We paid a lot to hire Rich and gave him a lot of of say in roster to improve the ST. Packers have gotten IMO very little return on that investment.

Besides DC I think we need to look at ST. We paid a lot to hire Rich and gave him a lot of of say in roster to improve the ST. Packers have gotten IMO very little return on that investment.
This is what is annoying about this situation with both DC and ST both have inferior players to work with. Some of it is on D and ST coaches for sure..

Back