Post Game Thread : Packers Pound The Giants 31-13

Where did you hear this? I haven't seen it reported.

That's is not a confirmed diagnosis. A Dr posted on twitter about what the problem could be. Could be any one of those things or none. MM will talk in a couple hours.

I told you I had a good feeling going into the game. :)

Won't complain too much except for two things:

MM is an idiot for going on 4th down. On your own 40 and you are up by 8 points at home in a playoff game and your defense has been playing well. Proves how bad of a game manager and playoff coach MM is.

Randall continues to suck poop. He was burned numerous times again yesterday.

I will still disagree on it being a cheap hit. If it was late, or done with intent to hurt him then sure, but this was in the course of making a play to stop him from catching it, not a malicious type of shot. Its football, a violent sport and this stuff happens.
Leon Hall made the decision to make an illegal hit - he decided (no one forced him, it wasn't unintentional) to drive the crown of his helmet into a defenseless player's ribs (Jordy was fully extended); therefore cheap and dirty. If the NFL is serious about eliminating some of the violence and preventing this "stuff" (serious injuries), it should have been flagged. I expect Hall will be making a sizable donation to the NFL.

Last edited:
I was shocked that a flag was not thrown after that hit. I don't care whether it was intentional or not. He was leading with his helmet and hit a defenseless player in the ribs. How can you miss that???csr(

Offense didn't show up until the middle of the 2nd quarter. Even I have figured out that they have to use the pass to set up the run. As everyone has said, Thank God for Rodgers. He can make some crazy plays.

Really smart play by Matthews. I didn't quite understand what was happening for a minute. Defense was ok. It's hard to tell because the Giants' OL was not great. It just looked like their receivers were way off.

C. Michael got a good run or two and Montgomery was able to help later.

Glad to get that monkey off our backs. Now on to Dallas. Yikes!!!

Where did you hear this? I haven't seen it reported.
I hadn't heard the lacerated spleen rumor which I guess originated from Mike and Mike. I heard a bruised spleen, a mild collapsed lung and broken ribs from a (usually :) ) reliable source in Green Bay. If it is true that he is at Lambeau Field today then I'm guessing just fractured ribs and the source was inaccurate. When asked if there were internal injuries other than ribs, MM's response was, "It's up to Jordy if he wants to tell you that." Packers are very tight-lipped about severity of injuries and would want Dallas to believe that Jordy may play. But I'm praying the injury is not severe and there is a legitimate chance to have him on the field Sunday or later in the playoffs!

Last edited:
I hadn't heard the lacerated spleen rumor which I guess originated from Mike and Mike. I heard a bruised spleen, a mild collapsed lung and broken ribs from a (usually :) ) reliable source in Green Bay. If it is true that he is at Lambeau Field today then I'm guessing just fractured ribs and the source was inaccurate. When asked if there were internal injuries other than ribs, MM's response was, "It's up to Jordy if he wants to tell you that." Packers are very tight-lipped about severity of injuries and would want Dallas to believe that Jordy may play. But I'm praying the injury is not severe and there is a legitimate chance to have him on the field Sunday or later in the playoffs!
Fractured and broken are the same thing. He would not be playing with a collapsed lung and I'm not sure how a partially collapsed would be doable either. Spleen problems? That would not be good either. I'm guessing broken ribs if he could possibly practice Saturday to see how it would feel for Sunday.

Fractured and broken are the same thing. He would not be playing with a collapsed lung and I'm not sure how a partially collapsed would be doable either. Spleen problems? That would not be good either. I'm guessing broken ribs if he could possibly practice Saturday to see how it would feel for Sunday.
I hope I didn't imply a fracture is different from a break. Fracture is the clinical term for a break.

My point is the Packers organization downplays injuries. A bruised spleen seems realistic based on where he was hit. I doubt the collapsed lung too. What we do know for sure is at least two broken ribs.

Back