Post Game Thread : Packers Pound The Giants 31-13

Beautiful, Beautiful, game. Packers appear to be clicking at the right time.

Great game, would be nice if the offense clicked right out of the gates though. Still, I'll take the win!
pc)

The offensive game plan wasn't too good. It was predicated on the run freeing up the pass. That's not who the Packers are. We have Aaron Rodgers, so the pass has to loosen the defense to make the run work.

As soon as McCarthy accepted that fact, they moved the ball. As for the two failed plays where we gave it up on 4th down, that was an example of him insisting that the run would work, and if you looked at the defense, they had 10 guys in the box. No way you're going to run against that, and we tried twice.

Aaron Rodgers is special. His TD pass to Adams on the left side of the end zone, while on the move, was a vintage Rodgers move that I don't think anyone can claim anything less than amazing. He "throws his receivers open," and at least Aikman recognized it today, and made that comment, after that pass.

Dom Capers gets a gold star for today's game, but we have to remember that the Giants haven't scored 20 points in a game for quite some time. To win, they definitely had to hold us down. They couldn't - they lose.

Capers disguised coverage about as well as I've ever seen him do it. It frustrated Manning all day. Kudos to him and the guys who stepped up, and made plays when they needed to. Even the drops the Giants had are part of the game, and for the most part happened because Manning could hear footsteps, and knew he was going to get hit.

Peppers - Another great game. Matthews - flashed his skills, and played well. Inside backers as a group - Good inside coverage except on a couple of plays. They took away the short crossing routes. The secondary - played an enormous amount of man coverage, and kept the ball out of the hands of Beckham, and Cruz. Defensive line - consistent pass rush, excellent run defense.

Good game. Next is Dallas. Lots of injury concerns at this point. We'll know more on Wednesday.

as bad as the offense seemed in the first half, rodgers ended up with a qb rating of 103.4 for the first half. in the second half, he was nearly perfect, with 14 completions in 18 attempts for 207 yards, 2 tds and no interceptions for a rating of 151.6.

The secondary - played an enormous amount of man coverage, and kept the ball out of the hands of Beckham

not sure i can agree with this. to me it looked like beckham kept the ball out beckham's hands. if he has a normal day (where he often makes circus catches), the score is a lot less lopsided. still think we would have won, but we'll never know.

sick as a dog with stomach flu.. missed the whole game.. as usual I don't watch and they win.. you're welcome... :)

huge win to get that monkey off their back from the previous NYG playoff loss.. HUGE challenge next week at DAL.

15977250_10210466434955395_130589721726880942_n.jpg

The run defense was stout yesterday. Guion and Daniels played their butts off and made play after play. The Giant running backs were held to 59 yards on 16 carries. There were a 15 and 11 yard runs that boosted the rushing stats meaning the 14 other runs netted 33 yards.

ST punt coverage was also very good yesterday and Schum was pretty solid when we needed him to be.

Adams, Cook and Cobb stepped up and made big plays.

Overall it was a very fun game to watch and gives me a sense of confidence going into Dallas.

Great win. I was worried for the first quarter-plus that this thing was looking like past playoff losses to the Giants at Lambeau. Nice to see them get it together and spank 'em.

Team has the look of a group that might just ride into Dallas and bring home a victory in a shoot-out.

Back