Post Game Thread : Packers Pound The Giants 31-13

I really expected them to try to draw the Giants offside and take the delay penalty. Punting the ball in that situation was the right decision but going for it and not getting it may also have impacted the way the game actually went. What if they punted it and the Giants went on a long time consuming drive to score, flipping momentum and icing Rodgers a little. Then the Packers come out and lay an egg on the next possession. Could have been a different outcome to the game. It's really easy to second guess now but if they would have gotten the 1st down we'd all be applauding the move.

I really expected them to try to draw the Giants offside and take the delay penalty. Punting the ball in that situation was the right decision but going for it and not getting it may also have impacted the way the game actually went. What if they punted it and the Giants went on a long time consuming drive to score, flipping momentum and icing Rodgers a little. Then the Packers come out and lay an egg on the next possession. Could have been a different outcome to the game. It's really easy to second guess now but if they would have gotten the 1st down we'd all be applauding the move.
Beastly comment!

You have the lead. You have momentum. Your defense is playing well. NY offense is a mess YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN 42.....PUNT THE DAMN BALL
No one disagrees, not even MM. Just speculating and discussing the positive intangibles the play call may have brought to the game.

I'm curious, who's nailing him to the cross? Send link please.

I agree that many think that it was a stupid call (myself included) and rightfully so. But, lest we forget, here's the thing ...

We all were getting tired of MM's conservative playoff play-calling we witnessed against Seattle in numerous instances and against Arizona kicking an extra point instead of going for two forcing OT. So which would you rather have? As much as I hated the call I give MM credit for going for it as opposed to past conservatism and prevent D. It was refreshing.

Also, MM admitted it wasn't the smartest call at the time saying, "As a playcaller, as a head coach you’re sick to yourself. You feel totally responsible for the decision and the execution of the play and so forth, and then give up the play on the second down. But there was still a lot of football left." And there was. It was nice watching the Packers keep the throttle down and winning 38-13. I even laughed when Randall opted to run out the football instead of taking a knee, remembering Burnett's fateful decision.

No, these guys weren't about conservative this time! And I for one was glad and hope it continues!

Not many are talking about Mac going for it on 4th down now because we won the game. I have a feeling if we had lost folks would be calling for Mike's head.

You have the lead. You have momentum. Your defense is playing well. NY offense is a mess YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN 42.....PUNT THE DAMN BALL

Yes, it was where we were on the field that bothered me. We hadn't been running it very well so the chances of us getting it were low. Plus if you don't convert it you give NJ great field position which is what exactly happened. On top of it all they scored just a couple of plays later. I'm all for being aggressive but you also have to be smart.

Back