Post Game Thread : Packers Pound The Giants 31-13

Perspective. NY was 25th in the league in total offense. 29th in rushing.

Offense was great and Cobb really elevated his game. Going for it on 4th down was about as dumb of a decision as I've seen.

Perspective. NY was 25th in the league in total offense. 29th in rushing.

Offense was great and Cobb really elevated his game. Going for it on 4th down was about as dumb of a decision as I've seen.
Well, then our defense did what it had to do. Limit the big plays and make them sustain drives to hurt us. They ALMOST did it, but the 'Miami Beach Bunch' really helped us out by dropping a few key passes that seemed to deflate Eli as much as anything. Not much pressure applied by our rush early on, but once we got ahead things took care of themselves. CMIII is not healthy yet. Thought Jake Ryan played a great game. D Randall needs to work on his body language, CBs have to shake off things that happen- NOT jump around on the visitors sideline or wave your arms when you get torched for a touchdown, JMO.
If you want to give AR credit for the last 33 minutes- you have to hold him accountable for the first 27!;)JK.

NY was 25th in the league in total offense.

26th in scoring offense, with 19.1 points per game. not a very good offense at all. i knew if rodgers and our offense had a good day, we had a great shot at winning. when i was watching the first quarter, i was really worried. nothing was working for us at all.

rodgers was very kind in his post-game interview when he gave the defense credit for holding the giants to field goals in the firs quarter. the defense didn't hold them. the giants dropped two touchdown passes in the end zone.

i am a big fan of gunter. i wanted us to use one of our three 6th round picks to draft him in 2015, and i was really happy when we were able to get him as an undrafted free agent. but the guy is not built to be a #1 cornerback. he doesn't have the speed to cover a #1 receiver. he would make an awesome nickle. beckham burned him several times in the game yesterday, and we were extremely fortunate that beckham had an off day and couldn't catch a cold. i don't think we can get away with that against dez bryant.

having said all that, the defense played well enough to win the game and they didn't let up at the end - which was the thing i liked the most.

Anybody else notice how many times OBJ changed gloves yesterday? I saw him on at least his third set by halftime. Anyone see any changes after that?

Anybody else notice how many times OBJ changed gloves yesterday? I saw him on at least his third set by halftime. Anyone see any changes after that?
Nice observation. I never noticed it. Did he have a drop with each different glove?

Jordy broke ribs, collapsed lung, bruised spleen. Someone faces a serious fine for that very cheap hit.

Last edited:
Jordy broke ribs, collapsed lung, bruised spleen. Someone faces a serious fine for that very cheap hit.

I will still disagree on it being a cheap hit. If it was late, or done with intent to hurt him then sure, but this was in the course of making a play to stop him from catching it, not a malicious type of shot. Its football, a violent sport and this stuff happens.

Back