Post Game Thread : Packers Knock Off Giants 23-16

I couldn't agree more CB. It's what I've been saying right along.

I also believe the biggest downfall for our offense came over a protracted period of time when we lost the guy who was the glue of our offense. Joe Philbin. He may not have been a great HC for Miami, but the guy knew how to make the offense diverse in GB. From 2007 through 2011, we were the best offense in the NFL. We've slowly slipped since.

Do you have to list a player as injured if he is just sick and not physically hurt?
If a player is limited in his practice for any reason I think it needs to be reported. It sounds like the must have been limited in some aspect.

Ugly win, but a win. Defensive front 7 played pretty well, but Ryan damn near gave up a long TD.

1) The special teams sucks. 4 penalties, short punts, giving up long returns...how does Zook have a job?
2) I still can't believe people aren't open when Aaron has as much time as he has. I would like to see some All 22 footage to see if he is missing guys.
3) Still no killer instinct. This team simply has issues delivering the knockout punch.

Takeaways:
1) Aaron Rodgers is not the same God-like NFL qb we witnessed for 4 seasons. He's also still a damn good qb. Which leads me to...
2) Our wr and TE core is simply not as good as we originally thought. W/ Cook down, and our speedsters inexperienced or untrustworthy, our lack of speed is glaring. Adams was improved. Jordy with some extremely uncharacteristic drops.
3) We left a lot of points on the board BUT we also played extremely sloppy offensively and ST's so did we really leave anything or is this another classic MM team - cue '...we'll look at the tape. This amount of mistakes coming off a bye is troubling...'
4) Schum is worse than Mathsay. How is that even humanly possible?
5) Richard Rodgers had an awful game and he simply is a terrible blocking TE.sick(
6) Our O Line is really really good
7) Even in sloppy games, this team has learned to get key 1st downs late in games. This is an impressive trait.
8) Our return game is nothing
9) Crosby is virtually automatic 40 yards and in
10) This Giants team was fairly unimpressive
11) edit: Until banged up, Lacy ran w a purpose and looked really good
12) edit: what the heck happened to the timing in Our screen and dump offs?

Takeaways:
1) Aaron Rodgers is not the same God-like NFL qb we witnessed for 4 seasons. He's also still a damn good qb. Which leads me to...
2) Our wr and TE core is simply not as good as we originally thought. W/ Cook down, and our speedsters inexperienced or untrustworthy, our lack of speed is glaring. Adams was improved. Jordy with some extremely uncharacteristic drops.
3) We left a lot of points on the board BUT we also played extremely sloppy offensively and ST's so did we really leave anything or is this another classic MM team - cue '...we'll look at the tape. This amount of mistakes coming off a bye is troubling...'
4) Schum is worse than Mathsay. How is that even humanly possible?
5) Richard Rodgers had an awful game and he simply is a terrible blocking TE.sick(
6) Our O Line is really really good
7) Even in sloppy games, this team has learned to get key 1st downs late in games. This is an impressive trait.
8) Our return game is nothing
9) Crosby is virtually automatic 40 yards and in
10) This Giants team was fairly unimpressive
11) edit: Until banged up, Lacy ran w a purpose and looked really good
12) edit: what the heck happened to the timing in Our screen and dump offs?

The passing game still sucks, even at home vs a defense who couldn't get any pressure at all.
Yea, with Cook down we again had to many instances with Rodgers having all day to throw, but nobody seemed to be open.

This leads me to another frustration with McCarthy. Instead of ever going with 4 or 5 WR sets, it's almost always the same four guys out there in R. Rodgers, Jordy, Cobb, and Adams. Abbrederis and Montgomery rarely get on the field. If i'm a defense in a passing situation, i'd rather see R. Rodgers/Jordy/Cobb/Adams out there vs Jordy/Cobb/Adams and another receiver. It's not as if a TE was needed often to stay in for protection tonight and R. Rodgers got rag dolled as a blocker.

As for the punting situation, Ted needs to swallow his pride and either bring Masthay back or sign someone off the street because Schum is straight garbage. He stunk last year with Tampa and has stunk here also.

Richard Rogers... Oye... In his defense didn't he play mostly WR in college? Isn't this another case of MM taking a guy and trying to make him something he's not? The guy can't block, period. Stop trying to make him fit that role.

Richard Rogers... Oye... In his defense didn't he play mostly WR in college? Isn't this another case of MM taking a guy and trying to make him something he's not? The guy can't block, period. Stop trying to make him fit that role.
Thompson drafted him. Not McCarthy. He was a TE at CAL

Back